Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

827 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  flash22 
#1 ·
Hello all. Purchased a 2009 Note auto last week and I hope it will be as reliable as my previous three cars (1987-'93 VW, '93-'03 Audi, '03-'12 Nissan). You can see that I keep my cars for a long time. I look after & drive them carefully and I have never had a breakdown, puncture, MOT failure or any mechanical problem in all those years! I think I've been lucky.

I researched a Note very carefully and what made me buy it was that it had a proper torque converter auto-box and not an MMT, i-shift or DSG type. The first thing I arranged upon purchase was engine and gearbox oil change (Nissan dealer). The car shows 32K miles and I hope it makes it to 120K, like my last car, Almera 1.8 auto, totally dependable (original battery, exhaust) but I got totally fed up with it, sometimes a change is good!

I decided to join this forum to read some interesting articles and hopefully make some useful contributions and gather advice should my car have problems. I would like to start by thanking those who take the time to offer advice and share their knowledge with other users. So even if my car has no problems I will post updates on how reliable it has been, I hope I don't bore you all!

Tariq

#2 ·
Welcome!

I bought the Note for the same reason as you, the torque converter, and having a wide tailgate, with enough space for a pushbike in the back.

I've had a couple of scares, which turned out to be my fault:

I occidentally turned the fans off, and stopped the air-con working.
I put things on the passenger seat, and set off a warning buzzer because the seat is occupied and the belt is not fastened.

Other than the clunks and cracks from the steering and suspension, it drives very well, and I'm fairly pleased with it.

#3 ·
welcome to the forum
the note like any car has its quirks, same here i like a proper auto the cvt's feel clunky and jerky still even tho thay have been in mainstream cars for 10 years now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.