Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just bought my first Note. 1.6 Tekna '08. Seems decent, even if the steering is a little"strange". Just taken it to Pro-Alloys to get the wheels dipped and repainted in anthracite. This is going to be my works car and will give it a mild rally look. I may treat you all to some pictures as the work progresses!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. My last baby, a 1999 toyota corolla died recently failed the mot but was resurrected and is going to Africa as a taxi. The Note appears a worthy replacement squeeze??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I'm Eric and I'm a retiree,
I've always driven big diesels but think it's time to get something more suitable for my needs so I'm looking at Nissan Notes which seem to fit the bill.
Any advice on reliability and model choices would be appreciated, I'm looking in the £5-£6k price range and think diesel would be a good option for me considering my previous history.
The last time I owned a Nissan it was a diesel Laurel?

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
If it has a FULL service history the 1.5 Diesel is virtually bullet-proof.

Check and re-check the electrics.

Common failure areas are the window switches and the wiring harness that passes into the tailgate. Both are easily fixed but why buy a car if it has a fault in either of these areas.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hi Enrico, for 5 or 6k you should be able to pick up a good diesel note.
As Nigel says, full service history essential.
I like notes, but other brands are available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts