Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose I'd better say HIYA.!!!

Bought my Note from new, under the scrapage scheme. ‚¬4000 for a car worth ‚¬150 seemed a bargain.
Mind you, that was a 1995 Nissan Sunny, with 260,000 miles on the clock, and bought 2nd hand from a car auction for £1300. The metalworm got the best of it, so it was time to say goodbye to a trusty and reliable 'friend'.
In the 2 years I've owned the Note(1.5 Diesel), it has performed well, with no problems, with one exception.
After picking it up, and trying to driving home..........it wouldn't pull hard, and the red spanner light came on after 500yds.
I turned around and headed back to the Dealer. It turned out the fuel line was kinked and wasn't allowing enough fuel through under acceleration. Took an hour to find the fault, but since then it's been a trouble free.........with a small niggle regarding uneven rear tyre wear.

Aircon is bit if a wheeze, but it's hardly tropical in Ireland. The cruise control is hardly used, as there's hardly enough straight road to make it worthwhile using.

I'm closing fast on being 60 years old, so the access to the seats is ideal for me, as the old bones and back need all the help they can get. Firm and comfy seats are great, as far as I'm concerned.

I will admit the dash readouts can be a bit confusing at times, when I have a fiddle with the trip meter etc. Sound system is very good, and suits my Pink Floyd collection of CD's.

Even the mother in law was impressed, when she came over for a visit in July. Her Ford Galaxy is getting the heave ho, for a Note.

So all in all, a great buy, after a good few test drives in other makes in the same class.

I guess I'd better shut up, in case I bore you all.

Cheers all.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
30 Posts
rebus said:
I am sure you will love your Note..... welcome !!!! have you gone for petrol or diesel ????

Im not sure if this is aimed at me or not lol, so i will answer anyhow.....im having Petrol........had a diesel for 3 and half years, and get told off by the mechanic every time i go for mot lol

Mandyx

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Were you told off about your previous car, or driving a diesel.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Your mechanic is right.....I learned the hard way....the new (Kia) diesel blew up before it reached 9000 miles.... DPF blocked and blew up the turbo as well....that was after doing 160miles on a 180 mile run ....but usually I am now only doing a few local miles.... never had problems before the DPF diesel version....lucky for me it was under warranty ...the Kia version of the model I had doesn't seem to get more than 30 mpg....so went for a petrolNote......very happy too.

Poppy what colour have you had ???? I was going to have red to match my eyes....sorry..!!! decided on Caffe Latte..... well pleased

·
Registered
30 Posts
my real name is Mandy :)

Im having arctic white........ had i seen the caffe latte first, i may have gone for that, the reason i didnt, was because, mum and dads last car was something similar and i didnt like it (in comparison was a lot lighter) the White seems to be quite rare in Stoke, only seen a couple of them, but seen lots of all the other colours. Mine is sitting at the garage waiting for me now.......im like a child waiting for christmas lol

·
Registered
138 Posts
They do look good in white.....get some 'Showroom Shine' polish on it....won't have to polish it for ages after....mine is left outside all the time so have to have a good polish..

Stoke eh ??? when doing my family tree some came from there...only about 1797 though !!! they all went to Brum for the work I guess....

·
Registered
30 Posts
rebus said:
They do look good in white.....get some 'Showroom Shine' polish on it....won't have to polish it for ages after....mine is left outside all the time so have to have a good polish..

Stoke eh ??? when doing my family tree some came from there...only about 1797 though !!! they all went to Brum for the work I guess....

The shining bit is down to the hubbie lol........

Ive just made a detour past the garage, and caught a glimpse of the back end of it lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts