Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Not brought a Note yet but here's the story, any help would be really appreciated (sorry if this is in wrong section).

Due to be a dad for the first time in July, and after lots of hours researching and drooling over lots of different cars I've finally decided the Note is the one for me, funky looking, fun to drive (from what I've read), seems very versatile and practical too. Just a few questions really before I start the hunt for my perfect motor.

Could someone tell me the dimensions of the boot with the seats pushed forward please? (gotta check the pushchair will fit in).

How does everyone rate them as family cars? (especially ones with new borns)

Looking at spending between £4000-5000 on one, what sort of mileage spec etc sould I be looking at for that money?

Finally is there anything else I should look out for when I start hunting for mine?

Thanks for reading my post and thanks in advance for any replies.

Mat

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Mat
Welcome to the forum.....I have a 08 Note Auto..I take my son and his family shopping nearly every week......At first it was a bit of a tight squeeze fitting everything in 4 adults 1 carry cot 1 pram 1 baby + shopping for 2 families. But the Note coped very well I thought..lol
It is easier now my grand daughter sits in a car seat and we don't take the pram as she has just started walking and she will also sit in the shopping trolley....Hope this gives you some idea as to what you can fit in the Note
Gordy

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Verifiable service history is key, and as with any car, give it a bl**dy good test drive and check everything works, and listen for odd noises.Even with the rear seats pushed forward, there's heaps of leg room in the back, and being 6ft - 3inches myself, that was the first thing I checked out.

See if you get a Mobility motor, as they're usually low mileage, but do suffer from a few scrapes here and there with wheelchairs etc. and generally are auto boxes.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Mat
Greetings from a fellow ginger!

I'm 6' 4" and an ex second-row (brick outhouses are small by comparison) and still have plenty of room.

There's bags of room for the buggy and the rest of the house that has to come with you for even the shortest trips.

As has been said service hostory and good long - not 10 minutes round the block- test drive are the key. if the dealer baulks at this find another dealer. There are plenty of low mileage Motability vehicles about £5000 may mean a'third' owner car as theMotability cars are changed every three years but that's noreason for it not to have a full service history. The auto boxes are cracking with proper torque converters and are, by all accounts, almost bulletproof.

Good luckwith, most importantly, the impending arrival (sleep now before you forget what it's like) and your new motor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aha, a fellow Ginger, not the minority for once lol.

Cheers for the advice guys, was gonna wait til after the Mrs car had sold before we purchased one but a rather nice 2nd hand one has just arrived at a local dealership. So might be a official owner sooner rather than later.

After my brother (mechanic of the family) checks it out i'm gonna head over there and 1; make sure the monster of a pushchair fits and 2; hopefully take it out for a test drive.

I'll keep you all posted

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
welcome ginger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts