Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favourite car story:
My daughter had bought her first car, a Micra, and wanted to know how to do simple sevicing on it, so I took her through the plug & points, brakes, etc. The following year she put it in for a service at a Bucks. garage and when she collected it she saw no tick on the check-list for points. On querying this she was told: "There aren't any points on this car", to which she replied: "Yes, there are." The mechanic still insisted there weren't, until she said: "Yes there are. Last year I changed them myself". Boom-boom.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My daughter qualified as a mechanic but never took it up but as you may be ahead of me at this time! Yes she has put a few mechanics to shame and in their place. They do seem to take advantage sometimes of women.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree. My daughter is only 5'2" and a music teacher, so most mechanics would assume she knows nothing about cars. Mind you, we all have our prejudices and "live in glass houses" on that point, so perhaps we shouldn't "throw stones" too freely.

On another tack, today I met a lady in Ruthin who "absolutely loves" her Note, in spite of a few criticisms, because she reckons it's so much better than any previous car she's owned. Last weekend I emailed Nissan about their profiteering on replacement ignition keys and added all the pros and cons I've found so far. A deathly silence so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts