1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
They do make them look good in the ads don't they? ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,918 Posts
You should buy it back, you know the previous owner. It looks better than you're old photo's of it. :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Doesn't it bring a tear to your eye.?

·
Super Moderator
70 Posts
I'm guessing its a wolf in sheep's clothing then!

I once saw an old car of mine being advertised with some great photos of it which proved categorically....you can polish a turd! :eek:

Paul

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ Boysie, not sure what you mean as i never posted any pics of it lol. And i would never buy it back knowing what i know about it and the issues and countless headaches it gave me.
@ Medic, Yep it sure is.
It's not as described either, if you look closely at the left corner of the rear bumper you can see chips in the colour coating showing the black hard plastic underneath.Also the gear shift knob has most of the silver chrome effect worn away plus the rear passenger footwell carpet was always getting soaked regardless of the weather.And the SD card for the sat nav is the origional one the car came out of the factory with.
I pity the poor sod that buys it.

·
Super Moderator
1,918 Posts
Sorry Sineu, I got mixed up with your avatar.:unsure::)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I once PX'd a car to a dealer about 100 miles away against a brand new Golf and imagine my surprise when the old car turned up on a forecourt a couple of weeks later about 300 yards away from where we lived. It sold quickly and lived at a house the wife drove past every day on her way to work. Never spoke to the chap, why would I, I hated that car, horrid thing.

Then one Saturday evening about a year after I had swapped cars the Police turned up on my doorstep. Asked about the car, told them I had PX'd it to a certain garage and was surprised to see it turn up locally a short while later. They then told me that was not my car, it was a stolen cloned one. Very interested in which staff member I had dealt with and that was complicated since the one who did the deal had been sacked before delivery, the one who took over wanted to renegotiate a higher price to swap and after some serious raised voices from me in the showroom the actual dealer principal took over and competed the deal at the agreed price.

Eventually found out that the staff at that dealership had been very naughty with more than my car.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Looking at the previous post it does make me smile. I once bought a car from a local dealer. He said he would have a fresh mot done prior to collection.
On the day i picked the car up i happily drove home satisfied.
That evening on my return from the pub and now in darkness i sat in, and turned on the lights.
Horror engulfed me as the wipers began working. Still no lights. I turned the wiper switch, and the horn operated.
I had to leave the car until day light and then return the car to the dealer. He quickly repaired it... Someone had deliberately switched the stalk leads around.
It said a good deal of how much genuine mot checks that car had recieved to produce a new cert.
Granted this happened 40 odd years ago, and (ovs) the mot system is better these days thankfully.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts