Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now had my Accenta 1.6 auto for just over a month.Two things,firstly it seems quite noisy on anything other than very smooth road surfaces and secondly I am getting an average 30 mpg. Is this normal? other than that I am very pleased,so much interior space and she looks so good.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
is it a brand new car ?? if so it engine will take time to bed in over time the mpg will improve once you get use to driving it you will get a feel for the car and your mpg with improve the standard tyres can sound loud if there new give them a good few 100 miles to bed in

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Note is used (July 2008) but came from a motability owner who rarely used it,it is just as new.It has 3800 miles on the clock and has only completed 400 miles since its last service in July 2011.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Think you just need to drive it, too much stop start town driving does drag the mpg down quite a bit i give mine a go run down the motorway once a month or so it seems to improve things no end

btw. Mine isa 59 1.6 Tekna Auto

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I have a 2008 auto too. I commute to work through town and the little meter happily says 36.7 mpg.

However, it thinks a mile is only 1670 yards, and a gallon is 5 litres, so when I did the sums from measured values it is nearer 31mpg, not as good as I hoped.

However the RAV4 auto does about 23mpg on the same commute. (It is much nicer to drive than the note as well) I might go back to the RAV

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi , I think you will find the MPG will improve with a few more miles on the clock but the NOTE has quite hard suspension and tends to be a bit noisy on rough roads but the road holding at speed is well worth the discomfort . I have had my NOTE 1.5SVE DCI for six years and have no complaints at all. I am sure you will get used to a hard ride and enjoy motoring with Nissan. Albert<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

·
Registered
109 Posts
i travel 8 miles each way to work and back mon-fri, through a town, all A roads but dont get to go over 40mph (ish), best i get is around the 32mpg but my car has 61000 miles on and i would expect this to show a little reduction in the MPG, also hasnt been serviced for over a year, its due now, perhaps that would help up the mpg a bit.

motorway runs get high 40`s so im happy there,

only costs £50 to fill from light on to up the neck and lasts me 2 weeks,

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've driven a Toyota Corolla, Ford Focus, Mitsubishi Lancer, Hyundai i30, VW Jetta and Peugeot 406 (all except the last company cars) on my commute, and my Note is noisier than all of them. And also the most economical. The VW was the most fun, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts