Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my diesel N-Tec for a few weeks now and just getting to know it a bit better and all I can say is that I'm really impressed with all aspects of the vehicle, driving, comfort, handling,fuel consumption and versatility. As a retired motor vehicle technician (early retirement due to medical condition) I can only express my delight with the vehicle.Having worked all my time in main dealers(Fiat/Lancia,Vauxhall,Volkswagen and Mercedes-Benz) I have worked on many outstanding vehicles and to say I'm impressed is not an understatement.
I find the forum very informative as I've found in the past that exchanging ideas with as many people as possible is the best way to solve any problem, though when looking at a few of the responses I can only chuckle as various theories are put forward,this has always been the case , even in the days before the internet. All I can say is keep on posting your views and we can all benefit. Happy motoring

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Hi Cronos,As a retired motor technician, and you have a diesel note, have you read about adding 200ml of 2 stroke oil to your fuel when you fill up from empty? I've done it and it makes the engine run smoother, picks up better and the last time I went on a run between Grimsby and Woodbridge Suffolk I got 67.5 MPG. (Best so far). How Nissan can claim 78 MPG beats me?
Being 2 stroke oil it burns clean and you don't get any smoke from the exhaust, but it does lubricate the pump, which is missing from diesel fuel now they have taken the sulphur out.
You don't have to get any dear stuff, just cheap mineral from Lidl or Aldi.
I have 5 other mates who run diesels who also say their cars run better. The rest have petrol engines

1 - 2 of 2 Posts