Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone,
my Nissan Note 1.2 gasoline manual sometimes does not turn on. Apparently it looks like an electrical problem but I'm not sure, it could also be a fuel pump problem. When I turn the key everything seems to work perfectly, I mean the starter motor, but the car does not start. Then after hours, trying again it works perfectly. This happens suddenly but not always. My mechanic (not nissan) tried to make a diagnosis but didn't see anything strange.
Has this happened to anyone?
Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
786 Posts
My 1.2 wouldn't start a few weeks back.
The starter motor operated but didn't sound good.
I hadn't used the car much due to covid conditions.
The battery was showing only 12.0 volts so i trickle charged it up to 12.7.
It then started first time and I've ran it several times since without problems.
The car has covered 47k.
I will now do a weekly test on the battery and charge it as required.
You may have a genuine fault, but that is all that was wrong with mine..enough power to make a starter sound, but not enough grunt to actually start the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 1.2 wouldn't start a few weeks back.
The starter motor operated but didn't sound good.
I hadn't used the car much due to covid conditions.
The battery was showing only 12.0 volts so i trickle charged it up to 12.7.
It then started first time and I've ran it several times since without problems.
The car has covered 47k.
I will now do a weekly test on the battery and charge it as required.
You may have a genuine fault, but that is all that was wrong with mine..enough power to make a starter sound, but not enough grunt to actually start the car.
Thanks Jymmer, but the battery is new and also with the electric booster from mechanic, it doesn't turn on.
When this problem arises there is nothing that can turn it on. Maybe it's an electronics problem....

·
Registered
786 Posts
So many things that can go wrong in modern cars.. Sorry you have this problem. When you do find out what the the source is, please post it up because it could help others in the future.

·
Registered
857 Posts
One common issue is with the fusible link on the positive battery connection which blows, it can be repaired if you're handy with a soldering iron but it's always best to buy a new one if it has blown.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One common issue is with the fusible link on the positive battery connection which blows, it can be repaired if you're handy with a soldering iron but it's always best to buy a new one if it has blown.
Ok thanks, I look for it and check if it is interrupted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So many things that can go wrong in modern cars.. Sorry you have this problem. When you do find out what the the source is, please post it up because it could help others in the future.
In the next few days I will have to go to the Nissan Garage for this problem. I hope to resolve with a more accurate test.
I will let you know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts