21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Back again............

Still loving the car and very good on fuel

Fitted some sill plates

Had a rattle from the drivers door which was a loose bolt, other than that it's been great

·
Registered
NL61 BPZ
26 Posts
Hi Fellow Note owners

Just starting a thread to document my Nissan Note ownership.

I have just sold a 2002 Audi S3 and was looking for a car for the short commute to work.

I was looking for something cheap to tax and insure and something reliable.

Started looking at the Note and liked the look of the N-Tec model and the standard features it came with.

I brought this 2015 car from TL Darby, Burton-on-Trent on Saturday 21st September 2019.

It had only done 10.600 miles and was in very good condition,had a service/mot in May.

I have driven it for a few days now and i am very pleased with it, i plan on doing the following things,

1.Fit a full size spare wheel/jack/tool holder
2.Fit a boot liner
3.Fit some brushed aluminium door guards

Looks so beautiful. get mine on \Monday. 61 reg 1.5 diesel DCI Ntec full service history

·
Registered
NL61 BPZ
26 Posts
When I had a Note a few years ago I didn't have any trouble with it at all and now I've just bought another one which I love so hoping like you Steve for many happy years of trouble free motoring.

·
Super Moderator
1,997 Posts
On my 2nd set of front suspension bushes, and a second heater blower. Broken wires in the harness to the tailgate. Radiator fan stopped working Sunday, into the local Nissan dealership for a sensor change(according to the service manager). Not bad for a diesel Note that's done 291,000km that's 11 years old, and counting. (y):)

·
Registered
NL61 BPZ
26 Posts
On my 2nd set of front suspension bushes, and a second heater blower. Broken wires in the harness to the tailgate. Radiator fan stopped working Sunday, into the local Nissan dealership for a sensor change(according to the service manager). Not bad for a diesel Note that's done 291,000km that's 11 years old, and counting. (y):)
Wow that's a lot of miles. Mine will be 11 yrs old in August and done 90,000

·
Super Moderator
1,997 Posts
180,000 miles. Roughly 16,500 miles a year. The Renault 1.5 turbo diesel engine has never missed a beat. I change the oil and filters on a more regular basis. The next time I'll will be use flushing oil, just to remove any sludge that may have built over the last 11 years.

·
Registered
NL61 BPZ
26 Posts
That's the key isn't it. Keep maintaining it and it'll run well. This one has had servicing every year. Already had a new timing belt and two new springs a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
954 Posts
@Sheila Coutts
Boysie has a Note.
He was refering to the fact that the Note has the same engine as the Renault.
After all the Note is basically a Renault Modus with a different body shell planted onto it.

·
Registered
NL61 BPZ
26 Posts
Hi Fellow Note owners

Just starting a thread to document my Nissan Note ownership.

I have just sold a 2002 Audi S3 and was looking for a car for the short commute to work.

I was looking for something cheap to tax and insure and something reliable.

Started looking at the Note and liked the look of the N-Tec model and the standard features it came with.

I brought this 2015 car from TL Darby, Burton-on-Trent on Saturday 21st September 2019.

It had only done 10.600 miles and was in very good condition,had a service/mot in May.

I have driven it for a few days now and i am very pleased with it, i plan on doing the following things,

1.Fit a full size spare wheel/jack/tool holder
2.Fit a boot liner
3.Fit some brushed aluminium door guards

WOW !!! It looks brand new

·
Registered
NL61 BPZ
26 Posts
The part number is 849753VV1A and i found this new one on Ebay for £20 delivered.

I have found some cheap new parts on Ebay which are more than half of the trade price, helps to have the part numbers.
Mine came with that in and the tools and a full size spare wheel. and the boot floor splits in two so you can leave half standing up which is good as if I buy a couple of things and put them in there they don't move around.
Done a few more things....................

Got used to it sounding like it's running on 3 cylinders:smile:

Air con seems to be working ok now, may have been a sticking mixer valve as the car has been sat a while before i brought it.

Fitted a full size spare wheel.

I had to trim down the tool foam holder as it's made for the smaller space saver wheel, also the securing bolt needed extending.

Just waiting for the jack to be delivered, fitted a new boot liner.

The car has a full main dealer service history so i had a good idea the pollen filter had never been changed:plain:

Where does the pollen filter go

·
Registered
NL61 BPZ
26 Posts
Yes it should be in this slot Sheila....

The person who owned the car before me had a state of the art system put in. The maps are working but it has a front dash cam attached to it and I think it's that that needs the card. I fiddled around with the buttons and came across his e mail address and he said I need a micro card. He kindly gave me his phone number and said if I can't get it to work after I put the card in then ring him and I can take the car through and he will show me how it all works. It's got internet on and you can watch videos etc. It's got surround sound in too.

·
Super Moderator
1,997 Posts
the sill plates look lovely.

Thanks Boysie. Must get one ordered. Do you think I can put a few drops of aromatherapy oil on it before I install it so it smells nice.
I wouldn't recommend adding oil to it, as will essentaily block the airflow through it. Will suggest adding a none oil based freshner to a dashboard heating vent. There are holders available that wil clip to the vent. (y):)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts