Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellow Note owners

Just starting a thread to document my Nissan Note ownership.

I have just sold a 2002 Audi S3 and was looking for a car for the short commute to work.

I was looking for something cheap to tax and insure and something reliable.

Started looking at the Note and liked the look of the N-Tec model and the standard features it came with.

I brought this 2015 car from TL Darby, Burton-on-Trent on Saturday 21st September 2019.

It had only done 10.600 miles and was in very good condition,had a service/mot in May.

I have driven it for a few days now and i am very pleased with it, i plan on doing the following things,

1.Fit a full size spare wheel/jack/tool holder
2.Fit a boot liner
3.Fit some brushed aluminium door guards

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nigel

I was looking for a Grey or Sonic Blue one and was not sure about the Ink Blue, but i love the colour now.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
That's a nice blue, not so sure about a grey one though

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Started to buy a few things, tool holder for the spare wheel

Air con not as cold as i would like so i will check the gas level on Monday, hope it just needs a top up..............

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
It would be best to get the air-con checked out by an authorised car air conditioning company, they will vacuum the system before refilling with the correct amount of refrigerant, that will have the right amount of lubrication, this will give longer life to the air-con seals. (they can also test for leaks if you have any).
These blue bottles you can buy just to top up your system can cause more trouble than their worth.

Reactions: Boysie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It would be best to get the air-con checked out by an authorised car air conditioning company, they will vacuum the system before refilling with the correct amount of refrigerant, that will have the right amount of lubrication, this will give longer life to the air-con seals. (they can also test for leaks if you have any).
These blue bottles you can buy just to top up your system can cause more trouble than their worth.

Thanks for that, i will let you know how i get on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Starting to get a few bits, i have the part number for the n-tec wheel rim and will put an offer in for the one i have found for sale.

I have also found a full size 16" steel rim i could use, also found a new genuine jack for a good price.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Starting to get a few bits, i have the part number for the n-tec wheel rim and will put an offer in for the one i have found for sale.

I have also found a full size 16" steel rim i could use, also found a new genuine jack for a good price.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Where did you obtain that poly' tool holder Steve... My tools are floating within the hollow of my spare wheel, wrapped up in a rag.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where did you obtain that poly' tool holder Steve... My tools are floating within the hollow of my spare wheel, wrapped up in a rag.

The part number is 849753VV1A and i found this new one on Ebay for £20 delivered.

I have found some cheap new parts on Ebay which are more than half of the trade price, helps to have the part numbers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Had a look at the air con today and it was low on gas.

Took out 242g but should have 400g.

Topped it up but the air con is still not right, blows cold then warm then cold.

I need to investigate further:sad:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Done a few more things....................

Got used to it sounding like it's running on 3 cylinders:smile:

Air con seems to be working ok now, may have been a sticking mixer valve as the car has been sat a while before i brought it.

Fitted a full size spare wheel.

I had to trim down the tool foam holder as it's made for the smaller space saver wheel, also the securing bolt needed extending.

Just waiting for the jack to be delivered, fitted a new boot liner.

The car has a full main dealer service history so i had a good idea the pollen filter had never been changed:plain:

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Get yourself a decent wheelbrace.

The Nissan ones are crap when you need them most and I had two split on me.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Hi "Take Note Steve" Can I commend you on your pictures, they might help out other members who are thinking about getting a spare wheel fitted. And the condition of the pollen filter.
I had my Note serviced by the main dealers for the first three years, because of the warranty, to find out that even on a major service they don't even take the wheels off the car, they just look through the little hole in the back of the rear drum to check on the brake linings.
I've said this many moons ago about the last time I took my Note for a service and they informed me my back shoes needed adjustment, I asked why it wasn't done during the service and they said "it's not included in the service, and if I wanted it done, that would be an extra £90.00. I can tell you the air was blue:mad:. As I didn't bother getting my nails dirty, I took it to my local Independent garage and they did it for £30.00. So I don't suppose my pollen filter was renewed either.

If other members read this post, it will put to rest with other posts about how much liquid your air con holds, and it is 400 g. Another question answered :wink:.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts