Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I need help.I recently bought a Note from my local garage. Had it for about 3 months.A month back the tpms sensor light went off indicating my driver side tyre was going down or that I had a puncher. So went to my petrol station to check the air.It only had 23 in it so put 32 in to see if the light went out and it did.Its been fine then 3 weeks later came on again so I was convinced I had a puncher. Did the same again and a week later it came on so I got Halfords to come and put new tyres on £150 for 2 news ones Goodyear better then was on before as I thought I would get 2 as you should buy in pairs as they say . Anyway had them fitted on Sunday and turns out it was the valve stem that was broken the small little bar that’s inside them had broken off and I didn’t have a puncher . So he didn’t have a new valve to fit and fitted me a rubber one .Meanwhile he said just buy a new valve it will be fine as the sensor light won’t go out till I get a new valve . The question is does It need to be reprogrammed to the sensor or can a garage just fit a new stem and then the light will go out on the dash sorry for the long post and thanks for any help .

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hi Andrea, first Halfords should not leave your car in that state. TPMS is a legal requirement on your car. However when a new valve is fitted, your cars TPMS system will recognise the change and automatically reset while driving. You can also reset them manually with dash buttons. There is no requirement for reprogramming. All of this is explained on pages 5-4 to 5-8 in your cars owner manual, (you might need the whole sensor replaced with it's new battery enclosed) :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aw thank you for the reply .I thought it was gonna be a expensive trip to the dealer. I did ring Halfords to complain and argue my case about it and all they said is it was broken before they changed the tyre and they don’t fix Valves for TPMS they just service them.Im taking it to the garage ;)tomorrow so will see how I will get on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts