Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Simple questions please, should I fit front & back mud flaps or not?

Or are they pretty to look at and not much else?

Many thanks,

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have found that they do stop the mud from going on the bottom of the doors. The back set could do with being a little longer. But I'm happy with them, and I did get the cheap from ebay.

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
I agree with Rich Note.......they need to be longer. The standard items finishes of the trim nicely, and that's about it.

Quite easy enough to extend them if you wish.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
I fitted front flaps about 2 months ago, easy to fit and stops alot of dirt on the front doors. Dont forget the screw on the bottom. Use a stubby screwdriver for that one

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I also fitted just the fronts, at a million pounds a pair I don't need rears, the dirt can just spray on the car behind

As stated above, they are dead easy to fit with a stubby screwdriver (I did mine in the dark by torchlight), but could do with being a lot bigger, as there is still a lot of mud and grit getting on my lower door panels.

It takes a little longer than you think, as you need to clean where they will be fitting.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I bought the Nissan ones, at about £22 more than they are worth

Perfect fit, but don't do much, they are too small to be effective.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks MNL.
Even small flaps can help protect the lower paintwork on the doors a little, especially with the amount of stones and other crud thrown up from pot holes these days.
I agree about the rear flaps being a virtual waste of time though, and if longer and made of the same rigid material they would break off really quickly at the first downing off a kerb.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
These are the genuine ones, you remove a few screws and then simply replace with mud flap on top.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
side view

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for this thread, I am aghast at how much muck from the roads is splattering up the sides of my lovely new car, I think I'll be getting some mudflaps this weekend.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks was going to ask this also front doors get messy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Follow up to my last, I fitted flaps to the back wheels, could not get the front wheels off even with all four bolts undone on my 2013 Note Ntec+ auto 1.6. I had only bought it and I had to go back to the garage to get the steering wheel lined up and tracking sorted, so I got them to fit the front ones when I was there. The service manager told me he had spoken to the sales manager as he was not happy with the tyres on the car which had been sold only a week before. Result three new tyres at no charge to me !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts