Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a new NoteownerI have just come back from holiday after completing over 400 miles. I haveregistered33mpg andwaswondering if this is about right.My Noteisa 2008 1.6 Acenta auto and I did a lot ofmotorwaydriving at asteady60mph. Thanks Sherry.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I get around 30-33 mpg around town on short trips and a measured 48mpg on motorway /dual carriageway driving. It's a 1.6 Ntec+ auto BTW.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nigel, your Ntec must be better for fueleconomythan mine.I will be pleased to have the view of somebody who has the same Note as me.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I have a very light right foot and used to get over 60mpg from my 1.9 diesel Alhambra on a run.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I know it's not like for like, but 1.4 manual is returning 42.37mpg (approx)with 50/50 dual carrigeway and urban driving. I normally keep to about 60mph on the dual stretch as it's only a few mile anyway and it really gets you know where quicker doing 70mph.

It'll be interesting to see if it changes with my new tyres going on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 1.6auto does about 25 mph during the week but I drive in and out of the city so speed is low but on a run it's much better over 40 on a motorway

·
Registered
114 Posts
My 1.4 Note (petrol) give 6.3 l/100 km (37 mpg) at 140 km/hour (87 mph) in highway, with air-conditioning. This is good result?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Just back from 970 miles up hill and even more up hill in west Wales.

A combo of motorway, dual carriageway, cow-pat covered country lanes and A-roads.

Just brimmed it again and calculated my petrol purchases.

On-board dislay said 47.9 MPG, I make it 48.4 MPG

VERY pleased for a 1.6 auto.

·
Registered
37 Posts
At motorway speeds, there shouldn't be much, if any, difference for an autobox vs. manual.

We just did 850 miles out to Cherbourg and back (via the tunnel) and managed 43mpg with the car fully loaded and the AC on half the time. The 80 mph limits on French autoroutes kills it a bit. The fuel economy drops very quickly past 65 or so, as I've had 49 mpg on A-road driving. 2011 16 manual.

·
Registered
35 Posts
1.6 Acenta Auto 2009.

On board display shows 44mpg but when I fill up,I calculate trip miles divided by litres and it seems I regularly get 37mpg.

·
Registered
74 Posts
!.4 N-tec+ ,Just completed an 1150 Mile round trip from Yorkshire to Plymouth to take in 12 National Trust Houses.Average speed 45 mph andoverallconsumption of 53.5 mpg. Motorway average speed according to me was 65mph - a lot of the trip was on country roads involving much gear changing to keep car moving.
With 4 suitcases, 25 litre coolbox and the wife'sequivalentof the kitchen sink, theweightdefinitely showed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is that the reading on your info display or have you calculated the mpg by brimming and resetting your trip meter ?

If that is genuine mpg then it just goes to show how much extra fuel my auto uses over your manual !

My friend has the same 1.6 auto as me and he gets 38mpg just like me, except he drives more sedately and never hits 60mph.

I see from your signature you have a Picasso, do you like it and how does that compare with the Note - not just mpg but in general ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Brimming and resetting trip meter A every fill-up. Total mileage derived from trip meter B.I have to say I prefer my Picasso over the Note, mainly due to the 1.6 petrol motor, greater load capacity and overall comfort on long drives. I find the Note seat gives me a pain in the lower thighs on a long run so having Cruise Control came in useful. That's not to say I dislike the Note, the run we've just done was without fuss and the wife ( whose car it is ) enjoyed the luxury of having nothing to do except enjoy the scenery )
The Picasso is the vehicle of choice for our forthcoming drive out to Crete.
If I keep the Pic below 75mph, then I can get around 45 to the gallon ( caveat - needs Shell to achieve this figure - knock it down to around 40 mpg on any other fuel. )
The Picasso has just come up to 50,000 miles and on its major service this morning I've had the first big bill - New front discs and pads and both rear brakecylindersreplaced ( one leaking and the t'other replaced on an advisory from Citroen )
I thought I'd maybe need the Timing chain replaced, but that's not done until 100,000 miles or ten years! In the 6 years I've had it, all I've had to replace is 1 set of tyres and 2 headlamp bulbs - Not bad for a 6 year old motor compared to others I've had.

Edited by: dandgb

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Sherry
I have a Nissan Note 2007 Tenka 1.6 Auto the same engine as yours.
If it is only returning 33 mpg on a 400 mile run it should return more.
Mine does approx 28 mpg around town and approx 46 mpg mainly on the motorway doing at least 70 mph.
The first thing you can do is check the air filter as it is a 2 minute job.If it is dirty change it because on ebay the standard air filter is well under a £10.00 and after all it won't harm the engine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts