Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 2009 1.6 Auto Acenta.

I filled right up and reset the trip; after 100 miles the digital readout said 42mpg. so to check the reading out I topped up (it took just under 13 litres) and by my calculations this is about 35mpg.

My driving is all A roads, minimal town work, I drive with a light foot and haven't gone over 60mph

I am not complaining, just reporting, and wondered what others get ?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi Check "honest john" site for mpg figures and "I think my mileometer is wrong" on this site.

regards

dave s

·
Registered
311 Posts
For the Acenta Auto youll be lucky to get over 40mpg, my average is 38.9 and im a would be boy racer. i use the gearbox and do traffic light racers ec, plus quite alot of motorway miles, ok fairs fair on a long trip to london or manchester etc i average out at about 40 mpg , but for an Auto of 1.6 its pretty good

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
35-40 is about right boot it around and you can get it in the mid twentys
while the idiots where panic buying fuel i did an ecco drive driving like a nun letting the car slow on its own, overdrive off, min electrics i managed for 3 miles at whopping 96.8 mpg another 5 miles @66.3 mpg and the last 2 miles @ 45.8mpg

tbh to drive like this it takes mucho effort

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ive been checking mine... lazy short hops only 29mpg, combo of short hops and around town. 34mpg, trip to Conway last weekend (motorway cruising at 70mph) I was getting 48mpg.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
You bunch of leadfoots! I regularly get an easy 55mpg around town and I'm an ELEPHANT! Mind you, it only takes the wife 2 minutes of parking attempts to get the meter reading under 40 so that's what I think is going on...the last figure on the combi isn't a true average of the miles you do at true efficiency.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Acenta 1.6 auto used sensibly around town gives average 35mpg. Long runs with sensible driving gives average 47mpg. I have seen over 65mpg when doing one of my lightfoot runs and I do think the mpg gauge is quite accurate.
After my wife has been driving it (town centre shopping and parking) I have seen it registering 32mpg but rarely less than 30 which I think is acceptable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just think its thecomputerread-out that is not that accurate. I have an 07 plate 1.5 SVE DCI, according to the computer I am getting around 60 - 65mpg - In reality I actually get between 52 - 55 mpg. Still even that makes me over the moon compared to my previous cars.<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
it's not that wonderful...20 years ago my Cavalier 2l GSI did 50 mpg no matter how hard I stamped on the loud pedal. Mind you, it didn't even have ONE airbag, let alone TCT and all that...was lucky to get ABS back then. Weight is everything, and modern cars are just TOO HEAVY.

·
Registered
109 Posts
my 1.6 tekna auto gives around the 31 mpg over a full month of running to and from work and general running around over the weekends, no motorway driving involved but when i do get on the motorway i can get over 40 to the gallon,

the recent cold weather killed the mpg for me and i was down to 29mpg, i live in yorkshire where everywhere you go is either up a hil or down one, kinda kills the mpg

my numbers are purely from the digital readout, i cant be bothered testing it out other ways, it doesnt really matter that much, end of the day we all have to put the liquid gold in to get us places, i just fill the tank light on to full every 2 weeks and it costs me around £50 which is still £20 less than my previous Laguna manual 1,8 petrol

Edited by: paperman

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes i live in yorkshire too and a very hilly part the mpg (1.5 diesel) drops quickly going up hillswitch reduces my mpg big time my last car was a meriva 1.7 diesel and returned the same mpg at 55 so i assume this was because it did not need to be worked as hard.we are going to hampshire for the weekend so pretty sure we will get 70 ish on this run approx 240 miles each way.
the mpg and trip meter in the note are not very accurate so i use www.mpg-calculator.co.uk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My gauge was reading 44mpg however ...

After previously filling it to the brim, after 427.4 miles it took 36.3 litres which I make 53+ mpg.

Not bad from a 1.6 auto petrol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts