Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.After a 3 week delay(DVLA cockup)I finally collected my 2yr old 1.6Tekna. Well pleased, drives like a dream with enough power for what I need. My first trip was a holiday driving from near Glasgow down to the Norfolk Broads, Gt Yarmouth and various detours to visit relatives. I covered over 1000 miles(Glad it only had 4k on the clock to start) According to the computer I averaged 57.4 mpg which surprised me. How accurate are the computer readings?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Within about 25%, 10% would be pretty good.

Mine reckons I get 36.1 average commuting to work, I measure it as 31.
It also thinks that there are 1680 yards in a mile, which doesn't help

The only way to measure is to find the true amount of fuel you use, and the true mileage covered, and do the calculation.
I accept the miles are out, so I use an imaginary mpg of 33, and work a 3/4 of a mile further away than in any other car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Since gettin my note I've been using an app called "MPG Calf Free" from App Store and update it each time I full my tank, seems pretty accurate and my 06 reg 1.5 dci is getting an average of 52.77 MPG at the moment.

When bought it had a chip fitted, currently still connected as dont want to risk dropping MPG, don't see demoing this increasing it any but I could be wrong

›½

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
MattyBoy said:
Since gettin my note I've been using an app called "MPG Calf Free" from App Store and update it each time I full my tank, seems pretty accurate and my 06 reg 1.5 dci is getting an average of 52.77 MPG at the moment.

When bought it had a chip fitted, currently still connected as dont want to risk dropping MPG, don't see demoing this increasing it any but I could be wrong

›½

Without the 'chip', your mpg should get better. I have the right foot of a concrete block, and still achieve 58+ mpg with my oil burner Note.

I guess the 'chip' gives more power, and with more power you burn more fuel(generally), even with a light right foot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Boysie said:
MattyBoy said:

›½

Without the 'chip', your mpg should get better.   I have the right foot of a concrete block, and still achieve 58+ mpg with my oil burner Note.

I guess the 'chip' gives more power, and with more power you burn more fuel(generally), even with a light right foot.
Yeah but it's one of those chips that apparently gives more MPG and more power, go figure. Will get the brand from it and after a month might disconnect and see how it effect the old MPG!

It's a computer chip not one that u have with fish� �

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Mmmmmm more power and better mpg, why didn't Nissan think of that? Only believe half of what someone tells you if they are selling something to you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Having just purchased a 1.6 tekna 58reg 19,700m I too thought happy days, when during an almost 300mls, drive home, the fuel comp was telling me I was getting 57.4 mpg!!! even though the last100mls or so was after 1am, and D/C way/motorway speeds
, thought, why didn't I change our 1.5 scenic sooner,wife's day off yesterday, so 100 odd mile trip up around Thetford forest - GT Yarmouth for a nice dinner out, and afterwords a firework display, must have be all the boy racers at Yarmouth,but on the way home had a big grin on me gob,threading the Note around the big roundabouts whilst making full use of that nippy little engine/G/Box,after 8 years of driving nothing but our two 1.5D Scenic's, was great fun,MATTY,we averaged 54-58mpg in our scenic's, so I would suggest you disconnect your chip,good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts