Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all I am new so please be easy with me, I have just got a 2009 Nissan note 1.6 (auto) 34000 on clock I filled the tank up with good brand petrol right to rim other day set the clock and only done 120 miles to half a tank this was with very carefully driving on motorway 70mph is this right as I am sure a few wks back I got 210miles to half a tank and same driving as above any help would be great I am goning to do the 100mile test soon fill up then divide by 10 thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
It will be more accurate to a brimfull to brimfull test to ensure you get an accurate reading I think.
My wife has a 1.4 manual and it averages 46 mpg.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's just cars for you. We've got the 1.6 stick it can be anywhere between 32mpg and the mid-50s, depending on weather and usage. Winter's been bad with a lot of short hops dragging it down.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I misread that and thought that you were getting 13 mpg. I thought "he must have someone running behind with a hose siphoning the fuel off"

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've just checked last 3 full ups, 60mpg, 63mpg, 60mpg, av 61mpg, I'm happy with that, in general I tend to do 35 mile round trips

·
Registered
46 Posts
saladfingers said:
I've just checked last 3 full ups, 60mpg, 63mpg, 60mpg, av 61mpg, I'm happy with that, in general I tend to do 35 mile round trips
ooops, forgot to add, 1.5dci(86) N-TEC

·
Registered
276 Posts
Totally agree with others that the full-tank to full-tank test is the best way, since fuel gauge readings aren't anything like accurate, plus surely it's only worth comparing similar engines/transmissions?
<br style="line-height: 1.4;">I have a 57-reg 1.6 petrol automatic and get high-30's to high-40's mpg depending on the type of journey. I'm more than happy with that!

Edited by: GeorgeP56

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
pete588 said:
I have a 2012 N-Tec+ Auto and the mileage is awful after my Micra 1.2 N-Tec

Peter

You should be achieving 40 - 47 mpg, depending on engine size. How have you assessed your mpg with your Note. Was your Micra an automatic.
Bear in mind, the Note is a heavier car than a Micra.

Auto's will do slightly less mpg than a manual version.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just had the first proper motorway run in my 1.5d. Got stuck in the M42 jams going round Brum Monday morning then down the M5 to Cornwall sitting around 72/75mph using the cruise control. Three adults on board and Fuelly says 59.3mpg for the trip. That'll do nicely

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, I bought a 1.4 Acenta last August, and am consistently getting 4.5-6mpg less than that shown on the dash. I do a simple sum. 30 litres in (at the quarter-tank mark), clock the miles when it gets there again. multiply by 1.5 to get 45 litres, then divide by 10 to get miles. Whatever the conditions/road/my driving/litreage, the result is always the same. 48mpg looks good, 42mpg not quite so! Can anyone explain this anomaly for me please?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
The reading on the dash is what I would call "indication only".

Mine says 36.8, yet the calculated mpg from known miles and known fuel is actually 31.

Nissan think that there are 1600 yards in a mile and 5 litres in a gallon.

Personally, I leave the display on trip mileage and top up every 150 miles indicated: 140 miles true, (that is about as much as I can afford in one week)

Edited by: mnl

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi all i do tankfull to tankfull and get 62 miles to gallon according to online fuel calculator.and that is mainly devon b roads.my car is 2009 ntech diesel.cheers

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hi,

09 1.6 teckna auto petrol - mixed urban, country lanes and 60 mph A roads - seems to be averaging 33.3 mpg according to computer readout. Yes I have a heavy right foot too!

Pretty much the same as my previous auto1.6 Note SE.

Trust this helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did a trip to Manchester from South Wales, up and down the hills until we got to staffordshire and the mpg was 35 - 36 mpg, then once on the fairly flat road to M6 it recovered to 39.5 mpg. Surprised it's not more but you definitely notice the difference on hillyterrain.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts