Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here, interested in any 4 wheeled Motor sport.? Karts, F1, Rallying, Nascar etc.

I used to enjoy WRC Rallying, until it became a competition between Ford and Citroen. But I like anything on 4 wheels really.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Waaay back in my youth I used to Kart in Class 1 at Rye House, Hoddesdon.

This was the same time as Jonathan Palmer.

Four of us owned two karts and a season was really cheap. It also taught me a lot about engines and suspension (basically none) and wheels/tyres.

We gave up when the silly money started getting involved and newbies were turning up with 'spare' engines trailers full of wheels and tyres.

Still have alove of karting and rally-cross and miss any coverage on the box.

Also used to go to Santa Pod for drag racing as the guy who sold me my first car insurance policy used to support his partner's daughter Sylvia Hauser who was, for years, the top lady drag racer in Europe.

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was always a spectator at motor sports, but had a go at auto cross in 1973. Cheaper than Rallycross.

Ford Anglia fitted with a Cortina 1500GT engine, slightly breathed on. Tyres resembled those found on off road Landrovers. Parts were never a problem, as everything came from scrapyards on donors.

Had loads of fun, but marriage and house beckoned the following year.

Used to go around GB and watch the Motoring News, Road Rally Championship for a good few years. From Oxfordshire, to the Isle of Mull.

I'm and armchair supporter now, of most Motoring stuff. But on the odd occasion I get out to a few Irish National Rally events.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
i watch itv 4 on a sunday btcc, gennetta's, renualt cup, minis,clio cup and the odd bit of DTM,
next weekend is btcc at brands hatch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts