Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to go to work last week I started the car and found the battery was dead, luckily I live on a hill so bump started it with the view to getting a new battery on my lunch break. I grabbed a socket set from my garage before I set off and then got on my way. Got to Halfords at lunch time, picked up a new battery, five minutes with a socket set and extension fitted it job done. What amazed me as I was doing this there was a queue of people waiting for the Halfords bloke to fit their new batteries for £9.00 a pop! I can never get over how some people are so easily parted from their cash, surely this is the one of the most basic parts of car maintainance? Perhaps I'm just an old git and a tight wad!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Maybe I'm tight as well - never used a car wash, saved £££s over the years with a bucket and sponge. I bet I do a better job as well.
Ken

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
I've convinced my daughter to do a basic car servicing course........the usual plugs, oil and filter type things. She's got an old motor, so warranty will never be an issue.

It amazes me, how much people will spend, not to get their little pinkies dirty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts