Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.Hi guys and dolls (if there are any dolls). I'm a new note owner (yipee) and I've been trying for 2 days without success to get my mobile phone contacts listdownload fully to the connect/bluetooth. it only copies about 3/4 of the list. I've tried deleting my phone and trying again from scratch but it still will not copyall of my contacts. Any ideas as why or to what I'm doing or donewrong.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Welcome to the club Mariner! I have a possible suggestion...your contact list may be divided into some numbers being stored on the sim card, and others on the phone memory itself. Try consolidating all numbers to one or the other, and then linking up again. My Note (with Connect system) downloaded my old Nokia faultlessly once I stuck all the numbers on the chip.

Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi SneakyElephant, thanks for that, but all of my contacts are on the SIM nothing on the phone and its set to download both anyway. could it be that when i 1st paired the download was interupted and so I'st now got a bit a memory about the phone and cant over-ride it?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Mariner said:
Hi SneakyElephant, thanks for that, but all of my contacts are on the SIM nothing on the phone and its set to download both anyway. could it be that when i 1st paired the download was interupted and so I'st now got a bit a memory about the phone and cant over-ride it?
Don't think so..if it's been deleted there shouldn't be any residual stuff in the car memory. Can anybody else help?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am new owner of the N-tech. I had a similar problem. I am using HTC Evo 3D phone which runs on Andriod systems. I think you need to be a patient as N-connect does take time to download all the connect list but once its downloaded, you can easily use it for the rest of time.

But I have a question, how to update the n-connect system on my car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
What you will find is not all the Bluetooth functionality is available on all the phones. I know iPhone works easily for some reason android phone especially HTC have issues with downloading contacts. My advice is to update the firmware on your phone and try again.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
htc are a bit bug riddenand need firmware updates to sort the issue, first contact transfer can take 5 minsi have the latest firmware onmy samsung ace and that works fine first transfer took around3 mins

not seen nor heard of any firmware updates for the connect yet (thay will be dealer only)

·
Registered
109 Posts
i have a Nokia and cant seem to find a way to upload any numbers into the car, i do not have the connect system but do have the bluetooth functions on my car, my Nokia connects automatically and i can accept and make calls but i have to pick up the phone and find the number manually, makes a mockery of hands free,

i will work it out eventually but for now i will just have to live with it,

my suggestion is to delete all contacts from the car that it has uploaded and have a fresh start, cant help any more in afraid.

·
Registered
103 Posts
paperman said:
i have a Nokia and cant seem to find a way to upload any numbers into the car, i do not have the connect system but do have the bluetooth functions on my car, my Nokia connects automatically and i can accept and make calls but i have to pick up the phone and find the number manually, makes a mockery of hands free,

i will work it out eventually but for now i will just have to live with it,

my suggestion is to delete all contacts from the car that it has uploaded and have a fresh start, cant help any more in afraid.

I had to upload them one at a time using the "Send.. Business Card" function in contact options menu on the phone.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I can't understand why all of you are having problems with the Connect phone suite. I have three phones stored in mine, my Nokia, my wife's Samsung and my spare Motorola. All of them are on different service providers and paired up with the Note without any trouble whatever. Nissan Connect seems to be one of the better hands free systems available, as most of my friends are very impressed with it. My next door neighbour has a new Renault Megane and he practically tore his hair out trying to get his phone working with that system!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have a Nokia and just bought a Note and managed to pair phone with bluetooth then from address book i selected send as business card to bluetooth device and it stored it on the cars bluetooth no probs!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts