Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have mixed make tyres on your car, even though they are compatible with each other......would that affect the ABS under hard braking.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
thay shouldnt as long as there the same size

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
flash22 said:
thay shouldnt as long as there the same size

The reason I ask, is because when I bought my Note from new, in 2012, I also bought an extra, new wheel and tyre for it at the same time.

The 'emergency wheel/tyre' on the Note didn't fill me with appreciation.(Minor detail).

Unfortunately, the full size tyre is a Hankook, and was different to the original items supplied on the car.

I now have BF Goodrich on all 4 corners. Not wishing to let the Hankook rot in the shed, I was thinking about a rotation for it, with the Goodrich items.

All are 15 inch, and the same profile etc.

I don't want to have a mix on the front wheels, so that was the point of my question.

Cheers Flash.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Old thread I know but Kwik-fit have mixed my front tyres on the Fusion when they didn't have one the same brand after a puncture.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Boysie, it really shouldn't matter what brand of tyre is on the spare, as I'm sure you will be getting the blown one repaired asap...this is why I don't mind the space saver as it stops people from driving around with a flat/bald/missing spare as they used to. It's a lot better than the tin of snot that comes with some cars now...try fixing a split sidewall with an aerosol
Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tin of snot.

Don't forget Sneaky...I live in rural Ireland. That extra spare was necessary, not too many decent tyre shops around, and opening times can vary. And it's usually the case that they don't hold a lot of stock. Took 4 days to get a set of 4 tyres together........and they had to come from England.

If I drove a tractor as my daily ride, there would be no problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re tyres I see remarks re Continental bad wearing, well i found this myself 12000 and needed changing!my tyre dealer fitted Bridgestone 25000 later they were still ok when i traded it in apart from slight nearside wear(we have lots of roundabouts in Peterborough)it would have passed the MOT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts