Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this on the tube ---
The EU are still sticking it to us even though we left.

·
Registered
917 Posts
That's good! About time safety came first. I was driving up the M5 the other day and suddenly torrential rain came down making the visibility almost zero.
I reduced my speed from mid 60's to around 40mph.
Lots of van and car drivers were passing me at around 90 mph. The truckers also slowed down.
So I'd go further and have sensors linked to every vehicles ecu that limit each trip to speed limits, plus road conditions particulary on motorways.
Drivers that want to get thrills can book a day at Silverstone.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Jymmer and put all the fog lights on !
Naughty,naughty. You do realise that use of fog lights in conditions other than fog is actually illegal ?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rain, no matter how heavy, does NOT mean you can use fog lights.They are so bright that the light refracts much more due to the rain drops and dazzles drivers following behind.
You should always slow down and drive to the distance you can see.
It IS illegal to use fogs lights in rain, come and ask one of our drivers at work, he got done for it, £65 plus three points.
Sorry Jymmer, you are wrong, i wish i had kept the email we all got at work on this issue, i could have posted it here.
They are called "Fog lights" for a reason otherwise they would call them "Heavy rain lights".

·
Registered
917 Posts
Rain, no matter how heavy, does NOT mean you can use fog lights.They are so bright that the light refracts much more due to the rain drops and dazzles drivers following behind.
You should always slow down and drive to the distance you can see.
It IS illegal to use fogs lights in rain, come and ask one of our drivers at work, he got done for it, £65 plus three points.
Sorry Jymmer, you are wrong, i wish i had kept the email we all got at work on this issue, i could have posted it here.
They are called "Fog lights" for a reason otherwise they would call them "Heavy rain lights".
Speed limiters are a good thing

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then you sound just like the kind of person who says "sod everyone else, i will drive with whatever lights on i see fit to illuminate"
Driving with fog lights on in rain is irresponsible, dangerous for following traffic and all drivers who do so should be fined as heavily as the law allows.
It matters not what licenses you have held, if you aint got the brains to use fog lights in a responsible way then you should not be driving.
END OF !

·
Registered
917 Posts
Then you sound just like the kind of person who says "sod everyone else, i will drive with whatever lights on i see fit to illuminate"
Driving with fog lights on in rain is irresponsible, dangerous for following traffic and all drivers who do so should be fined as heavily as the law allows.
It matters not what licenses you have held, if you aint got the brains to use fog lights in a responsible way then you should not be driving.
END OF !
[/QUOTE
Speed limiters are good.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Point of fact.
Since i passed my driving test i have covered just short of 1,000,000 miles for work purposes. ( Yep - really 1m miles ).It will be over that if a added miles for pleasure purposes.
We have to be up to date with road regulations in the NHS, fact ! One of our drivers did get pulled on the motorway for improper use of fog lights, resulting in all the drivers having to sit a thrity minute lecture on the use of said lights, given by a local police officer. So if the law tells us it's wrong then it must be wrong ( unless you drive a truck that is ).
I have driven through torrential rain many many times, never once have i even thought of turning on the fog lights.Just slow down until the rain passes, simple ! As you drive trucks then you should know better, but then truck drivers think they own the road as we all know, i have yet to meet a curteous one on my travels.
Point of fact -- you are the next Silverhairs, you jumped on me straight away over the original post just like he would have done.In fact i think you ARE silverhairs with a different monniker.
The mandatory fitting of speed limiters will be a farce, new cars will have them fitted at source but older cars will have to be retro fitted at a partial cost to the car owner, i sure as hell will not pay to have one fitted. Would anyone else ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts