Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed spark plugs on my 09 1.4 Note and now the management light comes on! All I have disconnected is a plug on top of the engine and the 4 coils. I have made sure that no wiring has been trapped on re- assembly (previous post by another member had trouble with this)Engine starts and runs ok, any ideas? btw I don't have a code reader but it looks like I may have to get one. Is the Gendan GCR25 any good?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
As a first thing I'd make sure all the coil packs are located and pushed down correctly along with all the connectors you have moved, check all connectors anywhere near where you have moved/replaced stuff.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've re-checked the coil packs too make sure that they seated correctly and the conector to the thottle body and the routing of all the wiring in the surrounding area and they are fine. The only difference is that I have fitted platinum plugs which arethe normal upgrade, the car runs fine and can find no problems on a road test , does' the ECU need reseting?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
shouldn't do, Plat plugs are the std fittment for these engines though. check any other nearby connections as they may have been dislodged during the work, especially the MAF sensor, other than that a code is required to pinpoint the error.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've checked and rechecked all my work and every thing is fine. Took a trip down to the local Main Dealer and sneaked round the back to the workshop and had a word with one of the technicians. Nice chap, explained what has happened and he recommended that I disconnect the battery for 5 mins, said that some times the electrics just don't like being touched as it has happened to him, reckons that a rouge code may have appeared. Got home and disconnected the battery as he said, all is well and the light has gone out, I'm glad to say,

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
good news and nice to know it wasn't something you did or missed

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Saves me getting a code reader for now but I will get one later as I think it may be useful in the future. Anything can happen!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
ah you upset the canbus, modern ecu's are funny things at times

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mdvineng said:
cue Stingray
If it gets really bad I may have to call for Thunder Birds

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
what ever you do , don't let Brains near it, he thinks he's clever but really he's dangerous, far too many unexplained explosions and fires for my liking.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
"Anything can happen in the next half-hour".

Wasn't it the Micra that had a special edition called the (Troy) Tempest?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Professor Popkiss surely? Now there was a man who knew how to make a car

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
and my all time favourite, Zoony lazoon.
Edited by: mdvineng

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Aided by Professor Matthew Matic

1 - 18 of 18 Posts