Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all my 2009 diesel n tech is booked in for m3 service + mot nissan price £350 +vat.what does m3 service consist of.need to know whats been done .{or not done].car has done 16500 miles.service being done at nissan dealers.cheers tommybr

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
as above £350 seems a lot plus the vat unless your at 80k+ miles
Edited by: flash22

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Nigel B said:
The schedule of work to be completed should be in your service book.

£420 (£350+VAT) seems expensive this link http://www.nissan-aftersales.co.uk/dealers/fixed-price-servicingsays £299 plus your MOT at £54.85 (full price), both including VATunless they are doing 'additional' work.

Ok, I think I'm going to ask a really dumb question.

Why are the Nissan Diesel, fixed service costs more expensive than petrol.? Bronze +£20, Silver + £40, and Gold + £90.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
due to the dpf and the cost of the dervfuel filter dont forget your paying retall on genuine parts too

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Here comes dumb question number 2.

What is done to the DPF during service.?

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Probably nothingapart from checking the fault codes (if any) as they can then charge you £300 to 'regen' it at a future date if you need it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
This is just my humble opinion that main dealer service costs are just crazy. I have spent next to nothing on servicing my wife's 1.6 Tekna auto since owning since Feb 2011. Costs since then are listed as follows:-Valvoline oil and Bosch oil filter around £35 (from Eurocarparts) fitted for £10 & service book stamped, pollen filter £12 (Eurocarparts) fitted by me ten minutes, K & N panel filter £42 fitted by me in 2 minutes, service kit from ebay 5L of oil,oil filter & sump washer,further pollen filter & spare air filter £29.50 including delivery (genuine Nissan parts from main dealer). Labour for further oil change £15 including service book stamp & summer check etc... MOT cost just under £7 as had a voucher from Arnold Clark & needed a wiper blade (Eurocarparts), further drivers side wiper blade £2.40 the other day from Eurocarparts.
The car was purchased at 28500 miles now has about 34500 miles, never missed a beat, I've noted in the service book when I put the pollen filter in and the K & N and the car has a full & complete FSH with all and every receipt kept. I'm aware next jobs are spark plugs, brake fluid change and coolant flush and am aware that when I part ex all my hard work keeping my cars FSH WILL NOT BE EVEN NOTICED!!!!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just to add to my last post about what I've spent I have noticed when part exchanging my cars previously that very little attention is given to the service booklet if at all so why pay main dealer prices for servicing. By selecting my own service parts I know what I am paying for the parts and for the labour and I know that our car is fitted with what I want it to be serviced with. On my family car which is a Citroen Grand Picasso I also take the same approach and both cars never miss a beat & I watch them being serviced. I recently changed the pollen filter in my Picasso and it has clearly never been changed EVER! The Picasso is five years old and to say the job is a nightmare to change the filter is an understatement and that's why I'm guessing the filter had never been done. I've no doubt that the previous keepers of my Picasso have paid for the pollen filter to be changed many times over.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
As soon as the warranty is over I always use an independent local garage.

They have looked after our family cars for over 40 years (the current owner was the apprentice when I first went to them).

Always significantly cheaper, the fit parts at trade prices (often enclosing the EuroCarParts or GSF invoice) and never have to advertise as they have more than enough business from 'word of mouth'.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sounds like you have found a mechanic you can trust, it's quite clearly good practice to enclose the parts invoice and I would certainly recommend these guys to everyone. I think its good to see what you are paying for the parts and for the labour instead of it all being rolled into one. One question Nigel is does your warranty void if you don't use main dealer during your warranty time? I'm asking as I had my car with 28k on the clock and not new or from a main dealer used motor.
Regards.
PS Just thought I'd post about Eurocarparts as I always get good service and the parts are super cheap and I must say that lots of my friends have never heard of them!

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I believe the law changed a few years ago in that if you use OEM quality parts and had the vehicle serviced strictly in accordance with the manufacturer's schdule (detailed invoices to prove this etc.) then it would not invalidate your warranty.

EDIT Found this link to explain:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/warranty-servicing/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts