Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the Motability service record for my Note.

It had an M3 (37500mile) service last August.

They fitted a manifold gasket Is this normal?
they fitted an S/p/w what on earth is this? (definitely not an swp=steering wheel position)
they fitted nut lock rear axle, so I guess the drums came off
they fitted one spark plug (presumably we have gone American now).

All down as routine. & normal.

One sparking plug and a manifold gasket doesn't strike me as normal, looks like I bought a lemon

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
manifold has to come off to change the spark plug they either deemed it necessary to replace the gasket or bumped the bill up! rear axle nuts should only be used once (this is std practice for all lock nuts but often ignored). not sure what S/p/w is, could be anything from sachet of power washer fluid to Single passenger wiper blade or spark plug washer?????
as to fitting a single spark plug this would make it difficult to follow future service changes, unless you know which one it was. So not a lemon

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you havve to take the inlet off to get at the plugs on the 1.6 - stupid design
i wouldnt like to reuse a gasket thats asking for trouble esp on the inlet side of things

service power wash lol
service power window

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it looks kosher then, they changed the set of plugs (surely not just one plug if the engine came apart, must be one set), and had to dismantle the engine to do it.

It says in the schedule booklet to swap plugs at M3, but not in the manual I downloaded.

Still don't have a clue about the S/p/w, can't be important..........

Japanese engines seem to use platinum plugs that are good for 60000miles at least, so you don't need to mess with them.

Cheers all

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
paperman said:
how about Sump Plug Washer, sometimes needed after an oil change
give that man a prize, thats the one

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Absolutely as the type used is a crushable one, excellent.I know where to come for the next cryptic crossword solution

·
Registered
109 Posts
woooo what do i get,,, gimme gimme, i want my prize :)

as for the crossword, hmmm think it was just a lucky guess mdv

1 - 9 of 9 Posts