Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

lumpy running

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  MILLERS57 
#1 ·
I realise this is a bit vague, but I'm hoping there's a well known issue you can point me to. Our Note has developed (fairly suddenly) a lumpy, or uneven running problem right through the rev range, and it happens all the time. Suggestions?

#3 ·
Get the fault codes read, a good independent garage should be able to do this. Could be an ignition pack, low fuel pressure, spark plug(s) lambda sensor.
Without the fault codes you are 'firing blanks at a moving target in the dark'.

#4 ·
more than likely a duff plug or coil pack as its across the rev range (petrol)
if its a diesel when was the fuel filter last changed and has any water been drained off the filter

#8 ·
On the subject of filters I had my diesel serviced at 76k the other week to be informed by the garage that they don't think it has ever been changed. I've always managed to get 58-60 mpg since I got it with 47k on clock, since the service I've been getting over 63mpg

#10 ·
Mine had same issues , I tried new plugs , spray clean throttle and MAF ( cheaper option ), BUT turned out to be 02 sensor ( P0132 ) replaced that and then told 2nd sensor also needed , replaced that and now running fine , But told CAT is ready for replacement before next M O T . ??? Itys Only Money **

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.