Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2007 SE DCi 1.4 diesel. After last service when oil/filter changed, the low oil warning comes on every time at start up showing low oil - actually shows 'o----'Have repeatedly checked oil level and it is OK.
Whats wrong, is there a sensor gone somewhere?
Thanks for any advice from someone with knowledge or experiencing similar problem.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
obviously you check the oil via the dipstick ??
the sender is bolted to the sump (at the front) this can get sprayed with water and muck off the road, its worth unplugging the connector and make sure the terminals are not corroded

edit. sorry I was thinking of the petrol

the diesel uses a Renault sensor 2 pin type

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
Nissan Note 2008 manual drive
3 Posts
My Oil low light comes up after I start my engine and there is oil inside it, I use 2008 1.6ltr Petrol engine, what could be the problem?

·
Registered
21 Posts
My Oil low light comes up after I start my engine and there is oil inside it, I use 2008 1.6ltr Petrol engine, what could be the problem?
Oil pressure sensors needing replaced, or the harness may be damaged. Possible bad earth. Best way to make sure is test that it earth's and receives power. To check whether it's shagged, perform a resistance check.

When you start the engine and bring the oil pressure to 40 psi, this should give you a reading of 103 ohms. Increasing the pressure to 80 psi should give you a reading of 33.5 ohms. +/- 10% is acceptable.

You can use a cheap OBD2 Bluetooth from eBay. They do a basic job, and will show you live data on your phone. If the oil pressure is always at zero, or not relating to the above data then replace the oil pressure switch Larry

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Speedometer Drops to Zero when I accelerate to about 80kmph and brake light comes on...But when I off the engine and restart this light goes off and the the speedometer goes up again and drops at 80kmph, pls what could be the issue?

·
Registered
21 Posts
My Speedometer Drops to Zero when I accelerate to about 80kmph and brake light comes on...But when I off the engine and restart this light goes off and the the speedometer goes up again and drops at 80kmph, pls what could be the issue?
Auto or manual? Sounds like it's the Speed sensor to me. The RPM remains the same, whilst your speed reads as zero right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Manual transmission, the RPM is working, just the speedometer drops wen ever my speed gets to 80kmph back to zero

1 - 8 of 8 Posts