Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am new to the forum, and thanks for letting me join.
I have a Nissan Note 2008,1.4 petrol, with 70k on the clock. I have owned it for over 8 years, with no engine issues whatsoever, and serviced regularly. I went to start it this morning, it fired then stopped. I cranked it over again and it sounded like no compression. I have a code reader, and it showed "No fault found".

I did a compression check on it and the results were around 50psi. I had an MOT on it last Monday, and no issues with emissions, so therefore i am ruling out rings or valves at the moment.

I am wondering whether it has jumped a tooth on the timing chain, and why?? And also if it has hydraulic tappets and no oil feed because a pressure relief valve stuck open, thus not allowing the valves to open to allow air in to be compressed.
As far as i can see, there is no VVT on it.....

Thanks in advance. Any thoughts appreciated.

MIke

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum.
You posted this question yesterday at 16.08. "mnl" replied at 18.44 (about 2hours 36 minutes) with a very good answer, pointing out what could be wrong. If there's another member with any other Ideas about your problem, you have to give them time to answer. Some people have to work and cannot give you a reply within minutes, other members only go in the forum if there's nothing to watch on TV, you have to give it time.
Posting the same question a second time at 16.59 (51 minutes later) will not get you answers any faster One post is suffice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, and thanks for the reply. I didn't expect an answer right away, and only on the later one did I see a newbie section and thought I may as well post there as others have. Regards. Mike

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Hi Mike, There are many new members who just post their questions, get an answer, then don't bother any more.You on the other hand did see a Newbie section, and posted again in that.
If members just concentrate on the "Low compression post with the 4 post the second post will disappear off the right hand list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts