Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello boysI´ve got Nissan Note with CR14DE engine. Issue: The engine looses power between 2600-3000 revs. Above 3000 it´s ok. But somethimes under load it´s horrible to accelerate to higher revs. It´s like without air. Air filter is OK, air duct too. Has someone an idea?

Sorry for my english.

Edited by: flash22

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
first thing to do is disconnect the battery for 20 minutes or so (make sure you have the code for the radio) this will reset the ecu and bcm
Do you have any strange sucking or blowing noises under the bonnet ? the gaskets/spacers under the air box can perish with age
Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot, i´ll do it. And the next issue is the idle speed between 1100-1200 (neutral position, light switch off, air condition off), it´s to much. Normal is 650+-50.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
have a look in the how to section, there is a guide to resetting the throttle pedal and throttle body, but do the ecu reset first as above

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I disconnected the battery for more than 30 min. After that I relearnt the acc pedal, throttle. What is interesting for me, the throttle makes sound during ignition switch off. It doesn´t happend before I don´t hear it for a few months. But I remember that this noise was there a half year ago when the engine was OK.Now I´m going to warm up the engine and reset the idle speed. Before that I´ll check the MAP sensor wiring and value. Will see...

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Check your lambda sensor readings #1 & 2

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all and thanks for your help. But it still does not work.
I have one information extra. Two weeks ago I could not start engine in the morning. The battery was out. I bought a new one and the problem with no power during acceleration was not there. The engine worked OK.
But now it is back again. I replaced the spark plugs. Not good. When I want to drive/accelerate fast to the hill it has no power like without the air. Engine is "choked".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven´t checked O2 sensor yet, I´m doing it on the weekend using oscilloscope. And the seals? Hm...I really thought about it. There should be vacuum. I suppose that the best way to check it is the "smoke method" to vacuum hose. And I can see the leakage.

Thanks to Flash22

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
The seals sit between the air box and the inlet manifold after any metering or sensors if its pulling in to much air the ecu will over or under fuel to compensate

Don't bother with smoke tests it's only a 6-8 bolts and a few clips then you can inspect them

No need to scope the sensors tbh you just need to see what the voltages when cold and hot this can be done with obd2 unit and a tablet/laptop

Again with obd2 Check what temperature the ecu is seeing if the cts is reading high or low it will effect the Fueling

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And I´ll check the LTFT value, I´m not sure about it. But what I remember it was 10-14% and it´s to much. Engine is add more fuel because the ECM thinks is running to lean. It means to much air is there, air duct leakage.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
homole said:
And I´ll check the LTFT value, I´m not sure about it. But what I remember it was 10-14% and it´s to much. Engine is add more fuel because the ECM thinks is running to lean. It means to much air is there, air duct leakage.
as I said above check them spacers/seals

I take it you have the esm ??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes I´ve got an ESM Note E11. The air duct (vacuum) I checked by pressure smoke and no leakage. The seals mentioned above are there and OK. Now I´m going to measure O2 sensor (lambda). Will see.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
with out removing the air box you can not take them off to check them properly, any damage will be on the side you can not see also they can go slack on the pipe work allowing air to be sucked in
what colour are the spark plugs ??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spark plugs were changed yesterday. All are new. And the old were OK (white smoke brick color). I use only NGK LFR5E-11 (this was changed by NISSAN service for the first time)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now I checked the spacers/seals between air box and air intake manifold and it seems good. And if the engine is cold than is kangarooing (mostly on 2.gear). After warming up doesn´t jumping only no power under load is there. :-(

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
it could be a coil pack breaking down under load, what temp reads are you getting from the obd2

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Which temperature do you mean and when? In the morning are all temps same value (oil, IAT, coolant).picture is after 30 min idle speed:

But the coil-on-plug I can not measure. I do not have the equipment to the oscilloscope. Otherwise the signal is there. But I have problem with measurement primary and secondary circuits on the COP.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts