Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Note E11 Visia 1.4 petrol (2008)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, Crunchie is back after a couple of years out, albeit under a new account (as I lost my original account logon details) I wonder if there are any folk here that remember me?

Anyway I have just had my exhaust system replaced. The origial system just popped a hole in the back box after 12 years of motoring (2008 Note) I'm well pleased with the longevity of Nissan's exhaust metal. I bet the non-OEM replacement will have a life of 4 years. I'm still on the original fit battery too. Car has been idle for past fortnight with 7 days below 2 degrees. My wee note cranked strongly and fired within a second. Impressive from a 12 year old battery.

To date, the only work I have done to my car, apart from regular servicing, inc. wiper blades anually, is to replace the front pads & disks, the front coil springs (3 times thanks to pot holes) and the sump pan. Oh, and 3 sets of tyres in 80K miles. No other work needed. My wee Note is the most reliable car I have owned and has cost buttons to keep on the road.

What about your E11? Any tales of parts longevity and reliability?

·
Super Moderator
1,975 Posts
Hi Crunchie, welcome back into the fold of Note owners.(y)

Yep, my Note has been pretty much the same as yours, except no springs change. But most of the sub frame bushes changed twice. 280,000km isn't too bad for that to happen considering most of the local roads here are less than the UK's B roads here in Ireland. 5 sets of tyres, last fitted a few months before chrimbo. Second set of Brembo discs and pads. 2nd set of wiper blades.

Mines 2 years younger than yours though, and a diesel.

·
Registered
Note E11 Visia 1.4 petrol (2008)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Boysie.
You are doing well with the wiper blades. I need to change mine every summer, might be the amount of salt on the roads during winter degrading the rubber.
It was the shocking stato of most of Glasgow's roads that done for all my front coil springs. Potholes are rarely fixed and even then it's usually a crappy patch that lasts a couple of weeks. Got a pal in the council who says that Glasgow grossly overspent several years roads budget building new roads for the Commonwealth games. Roads were nice and shiny in the areas where visitors were expected while everywhere else was neglected. Now, apparently it turns out to be cheaper for the council to pay for car repair claims than it is to repair the roads properly. I hope that is incorrect but there must be a reason why Glasgow grossly neglects their roads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts