Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has fitted and have pictures of the lockwood sill protectors. I cannot find pictures of them on an actual note and cant tell if they wrap over the inner sill or just sit on the top of the sill. The reason i ask is that the drivers sill lip is worn on mine so i want to hide the marks and protect it from future damage but they are no good if they only sit on the top of the sill not covering the lip.

Thanks in advance, Ian

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that but have seen that before. The bottom portion of the sill in the pic looks too wide to be that of the note. Do you know this is a note or is it just what came up in a search? Cheers

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Just what came up in a search. They are 'universal fit', so I would assume there is some sort of fettling to fit them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah right, lockwood do a nissan note set of 4 and was hopeful that someone on here had first hand knowledge of them as the pic of them fitted doesnt look like they are on a note as in the pic in the link. It is close though, i had to check the pic next to the car to be sure.
There must be someone on here that have bought and fitted them?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
have a look at your other thread

Have a look at the genuine ones it will give you some idea

HereEdited by: flash22

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ye the genuine ones look great but are very expensive for what they are. The lockwood ones are only around £35 but its not clear if they go over the lip of the sill as that is where i have the damage i want to cover. Thanks though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, Ive got the Lockwood one's for the nissan note and they fit perfect, they are a set of four and look great.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Neither the Nissan nor the Lockwood products seem to cover all the sill. Have you thought of that famous Blue Peter recommendation, sticky-backed plastic? My Note had a small piece at the bottom, rear corner of each rear door opening. I assume they were factory-fitted. The pressure washer has removed them, but I think I'll try some book-covering stuff.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wishmaster said:
Hi, Ive got the Lockwood one's for the nissan note and they fit perfect, they are a set of four and look great.
Great thanks! Do they go over the inner lip of the sill or do they just go up to the edge of it? Even better do you have any pics please?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Old Frank said:
Neither the Nissan nor the Lockwood products seem to cover all the sill. Have you thought of that famous Blue Peter recommendation, sticky-backed plastic? My Note had a small piece at the bottom, rear corner of each rear door opening. I assume they were factory-fitted. The pressure washer has removed them, but I think I'll try some book-covering stuff.
Wrapping the sills myself was my first thought to be honest but if ready made products exist that cover the inner lip then they would look better than anyof myown sticky back plastic creations!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes, I agree, but my upbringing in the 1940s, when we even saved parcel wrappings and string, means I'm always looking for cheap or, even better,free ways of doing things. Or am I just a tight-fisted, old ***?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
get a bit of clear sign vinyl cut it to shape a apply if you use the float method it gives you chance to move it about and get the bubbles out

float method - fill a 1l spray bottle with water and 1 drop of washing up liquid, spray the area so you have a sheet of water (not dripping wet) peel back the backing of the vinyl and apply, position till your happy with it then squeegee the water from under the vinyl working from the center out to the nearest edge, use a cloth to mop up xs water

£2.50 for a 1m x 600mm of vinyl makes it a cheap jobEdited by: flash22

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Frank, you sound like a man after my own heart to be honest im just concerned i will make a pigs ear of it!

Clear vinyl would be great but the drivers sill is so badly worn that the primer is on show. Guessing the previous gentleman that owned the car had an issue with getting his leg in and out of the car!!
Iv considered carbon fibre or maybe mat black vinyl but think it could look cheap and nasty and i am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my cars..........drives the wife mad!!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I don't think you would like the quality of the lockwood items

you could also get the sill re sprayed

If there are more people who want the vinyl entry guards, I will be willing to make some, as i have the equipment here to do them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts