Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Note Tekna with a possible flat battery. The keyless entry and fob are not working. The emergency key does nothing when I try to unlock the car manually. Is there a way to open the bonnet from outside so I can charge the battery?

·
Registered
772 Posts
No there isn't (without causing damage) you should gain access with the emergency key.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
The emergency key will not open the door for some reason.

I suspect that the emergency key just works a switch. The whole point of deadlocks is you can't just slide a tool down alongside the glass and pull the operating rod.

Try jacking it up and see if you can make a connection to the starter terminal or the live on the alternator- be careful that your wire doesn't touch any thing as you are disconnecting it. (Or connecting it if the battery isn't flat )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got the door open by repeatedly using the emergency key. Problem now solved.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Driver's door, this refused to open happened to me in 2018. How ever after trying several times she finally responded. I hate new modern all electrical cars. In the Netherlands there is a real risk landing in the water of a ditch. No idea to escape from a note. Those small emergency hammers fail mostly. No idea what flattened the battery then. Beware of headlights on at dusk with sun in low position. The warning signal can fail by stuck door contacts. Another one is lost pairing of the key and coming back with no reason happened this year. I since last year carry a spare key without battery and remote codes by a local shoemaker who has this service. Lot cheaper then Nissan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts