Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I have unusual problem (at least IMHO).
I have Note 2008, CR14DE ENGINE, no BC (computer)

I tryed to replace one of the registration plate bulbs. They are all LEDs for some time now (Interior lights, front and back parking lights, all bulbs in my car are LED (except headlights, ofcourse))

The problem was lamp was loose and losing contact. But when I tryed to fix it, the left side lamps (looking from front of the car) went dead (front and back, light under heating knobs, radio CD resetted).

Now I checked all the fuses (driver side and in front of battery), all good!
Tryed to disconnect battery (for few minutes)

Is there some kind of computer that controlls bulbs??
I am lost... Any help is appreciated!

Edited by: johnnystulic2004

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi, check in th IPDM near the battery, fuses 61,62 and 45,46. the last two are for the lamps you have quoted, 45 and 46 are fed from the tail lamp relay in the IPDM. There is a cpu in the IPDM but unless all the car is dead you can assume it is OK. I know you have checked the fuses but another check might reveal some info?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the side light front and rear are linked each side, its in the how to's as i had the same issue
the ipdm is the biege box behind the passenger side headlight all the fuses and relays are in the lid the wiring is a bit on the tight side

ps. its a red 10 amp mini blade fuse

if there not propper leds with the balance resistors in them thay will play hell with the ipdm

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I assume your passenger sideis oposite of mine. We drive on the right side of the road. (Croatia)
I checked all the fuses a couple of times.

So it is not the fuse box..

It is the first time i hear about IPDM. I googled for pictures but I didn't find any looking like mine.

So I took a few photos,

First two pictures could be IPDM:

This is the fuse box:

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
pic's 1 and 2 are the ecu (engine computer) picture 3 thats just the engine bay fuses, the ipdm is on theright as you open the bonet (your drivers side)
the ipdm isa square box bolted to the wing around 250 x 250mm and theres 4 clips that hold it the lid on.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
some cars have the ipdm beside the battery (may be black rather than biege)

here you go the diagrams and fuse layout of the ipdm

(click to enlarge)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thak you! Much appreciated! I'll try later, my car is at home (cycling to work).
I'll let you know.

BTW I'm thinking..

flash22 said:
if there not propper leds with the balance resistors in them thay will play hell with the ipdm
From the schematics I see that CPU has no way to "see" what current your lamps are drawing (let's say the parking lights).

Current goes through:

80A fuse,

tail lamp relay,

10 A fuse,

all the lamps

and into common ground.

Or maybe there is something not shown in schematic?

Anyway, I had LEDs for some time now, it was OK...

Balance resistor, in your terms, is the one in series with LED (apsolutely necessary) or the one you add in parallel(to LEDAND series resistor)to fool computer?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
it gets quite complicated but to put it simply the ipdm (Intelligent Power Distribution Module)where all the lighting goes through is linked to the Can bus hi and low in turn this is linked into the bcm (body control module)
a bulb has a standard resistance and current draw, leds have much lower values so the ipdm may not "see" the leds

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found it! (not without trouble to open it, wires are short and stiff so aou cannot move it around)There was blown fuse, I replaced it...
Thanks for help it is much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
yep there a pig to get into as the wiring is tight and you end up standing on your head to read the fuses, a pair of long nose pliers helps with the fuses

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have similar issue. Can't find anyone show how they opened up the IPDM. I know where all clips are etc., I'm just wondering is there a trick to it since so little room? Remove battery/light cluster? Thanks

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
On the e11 note, you have to remove the battery earth lead, and then the lid lifts up a couple of inches- but won't turn over, and you use a mirror to find the fuse, then work upside down to change it. I had to change my sidelight fuse once, when it blew changing a bulb with them on. How I laughed at having to take the car apart to change a fuse (and vowed never again to buy anything to do with Renault ;) )

·
Registered
2 Posts
On the e11 note, you have to remove the battery earth lead, and then the lid lifts up a couple of inches- but won't turn over, and you use a mirror to find the fuse, then work upside down to change it. I had to change my sidelight fuse once, when it blew changing a bulb with them on. How I laughed at having to take the car apart to change a fuse (and vowed never again to buy anything to do with Renault ;) )
That's grand, i thought that might of been the case but was hoping there was a trick to getting some more room! I'll give that a go tonight so!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts