Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 1.6 Auto '06 Nissan Note, I have had water coming into the drivers footwell for a while, especially if the car has been standing in the rain, & I have not been able to discover the cause until today. Whilst in for accident repair a garage discovered that the windscreen is not sealed properly at the base & water has been leaking for sometime behind the panelling in the footwell.

We bought the car second hand from an elderly gentleman who hardly drove it (it has only done 5800 miles to date) & he kept the car in a garage so don't think he was aware of the problem.

Anyone else had this problem? Suggestions welcome regarding getting it fixed - will I have to pay to have windscreen repaired or should it be done by Nissan as it is obviously a factory fault?

Thanks for any comments/ help
Julie

·
Registered
109 Posts
i would drop into anauto windscreenor autoglass workshop and see if they have any ideas, advice should be free but any work would need to be paid for as it wont fall under the windscreen repair covered on your insurance

shouldnt really advocate this but 1 thing that springs to mind is to actually get the widscreen replaced freeby your insurance by breaking it "by accident"

·
Registered
12 Posts
We bought our 1.6 se auto note newin Jan 07.From day one there was a strange booming noise at about 50-55 mph.which was mentioned to the dealer & was investigated by them& by myself several times to no avail.I have solved some strange things in my years dealing with cars but this one beat me,i narrowed it down to an area behind the glove box but could not get an exact fix on it.All was revealed when about 10months later we got the front screen replaced due to it being assaulted by a lump of a truck spring.The fitter informed me that the screen had been replaced before probably due to an accident during delivery,the no of cars damaged in transit would frighten you, doors etc.being resprayed or replaced.We are no doubt in the same boat,hope your broblem was solved.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I had my 59 plate done under warrenty for the same problem i thought it was leaking from the bottom too but it wasnt
there was a 1/8" gap in the sealat the top of the screen and water was running down the inside of theA pillar

one thing to note is under the carpet is about 2" of insulation and the water pools in there

the way thay test for leaks is with a wihte talc powder

·
Registered
23 Posts
shouldnt really advocate this but 1 thing that springs to mind is to actually get the widscreen replaced freeby your insurance by breaking it "by accident"

NO YOU SHOULD NOT BE ADVOCATING THAT... THATS WHAT PUTS UP ALL HONEST PEOPLES PREMIUMS.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Steady there....no need to shout, especially on a 7 year old thread between members who are no longer posting here.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
That's the problem, you get new members who trawl through all the posts finding out information, and find one they can hang their coat on. Even though it's a 7 year old post.

Then he has the Gaul to call us mad when we disagree with him/her, It takes all kinds???????

It was only about 6 weeks ago I did mention about new members pulling up old posts, I did it myself when I first joined, and was pulled up about it :smile_big: .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts