Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all just found site and registered hoping someone will be able to help i have a 59 n-tec which is leaking from the roof it runs out from the sunvisor retaining clip on the passenger side as any body else had thisgreat site

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The only thing up top tp leak is the aerial joint but it could just as easily be condensation or possibly the windscreen seal but I'm guessing on the screen.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
possably its the screen had it on mine whatson a 59 plate it had 1/8" gap in the seal at the top and thewater run down into the footwell on mine
dont think it will be the aerial as its at the back, could well be condensation due to the recent weather

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replys flash22/mdvineng will check the screen and aerial fixing point, hope to find something/ will post and let you know thanks again

·
Registered
29 Posts
It shouldn't come through the widescreen, it is bonded on to the body, and almost no chance of a water leak. Isn't the sun visor clip higher than the top of the windscreen? Since when did water run up hill? I believe the seal on the windscreen is just trim, and it doesn't actually seal at all.

I can only imagine it is coming from the aerial area, that is after all a hole in the roof plugged with an aerial.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I had this issue as you on a car I had. the windscreen had not been sealed correctly from new.

Is your car parked on level ground?
I've been having issues with water getting into the boot. It looks like if I park the car on the drive so the front of the car is higher than the back, the water does no come in the boot area!!! I know that it will still be getting inside the panels, but then running out a drain hole.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Patience..........

Windscreen sealing or aerial base.
Edited by: Nigel B

1 - 9 of 9 Posts