Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had rain/water dripping in from the top of the inside of the rear window? I have and as yet havent had chance to try and pinpoint it... the door surround rubbers look fine and dry. Its as if its coming in along the top edge of the glass. Could it be the rear brake light assembly?? Or any other ideas (hatch surround rubbers look fine and dry, and I dont think its the rear washer).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes mines is the same. The water appears to come in through brake light fitting, then drip through between glass and surround. Thought about sealing round brake light fitting, but its a pain to get it out to change bulb as is.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm.. not sure about it being the brake light fitting on mine. I removed the two discs the allow access to the brake light assembly nutsand it all feels bone dry in that cavity. But the water is gathering somewhere.. its been dripping in overnight while stationary, and when I pulled off this morning.. the motion (throwing the gathered water backwards) made it pee in for a few seconds down from the top of the glass (not a nice sight in my rear view mirror
)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Funny thing as i have this problem on my 58 plate, looks like its coming from the high brake light but not sure. Got a fine trickle now and again, can see it in rear view mirror

Izzy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rite been out and ad a look, the windscreen washer is loose on mine so tomoz in the light im gonna stick it back and seal it up. Hope it'll do the trick
. Mite be worth checking yours guys.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wishmaster said:
Rite been out and ad a look, the windscreen washer is loose on mine so tomoz in the light im gonna stick it back and seal it up. Hope it'll do the trick
. Mite be worth checking yours guys.
Loose how? Where?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting... what sealant would you recommend? I wouldnt want to use a silicone sealant only to find in a years time, if and when the high-level brake light bulb goes, that its impossible to get the unit off

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
silicone sealant remains soft and easily pulled away

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well.. I finally bit the bullet, having suffered from a swimming pool in my boot this last few weeks, and removed the hi-level brake light assy to see what state the seal is in !!!

The seal was suprisingly in one piece, nothing stuck to the bodywork as I pulled it away, just one slim, VERY soft, seal stuck on the back of the brake light assy !!

I get a horrible feeling that seal is intact and not the cause of my leak. But I ran a bead of silicon sealant all around the edge of the assy and set it back onto the bodywork !! We shall see !!

BTW... if anyone heard a scream about lunchtime today in the Manchester area... It was me.... having discovered I had bought WHITE sealant for my BLACK car

Edited by: Tommo56

·
Registered
35 Posts
I saw a used note (whilst car shopping) where the previous owner had stuck duct tape over the two holes which are used for access to the rear light assembly from the inside of the boot.

This might be an easy alternative to taking the light assembly out and resealing it - if you're a bitlazy or didn't have any sealant to hand.

I am assuming they don't come with any sort of 'plug' at the top of the inside of the boot when made.

I wouldn't like to think where the water would sit though if it couldn't 'drain' into the boot.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi... thats my problem !! The water isnt dripping from either of those access holes... it drips down from the gap between the top of the rear window glass and the door metalwork. So although Ive decided to reseal the brake light assy... I get a horrible feeling its the seal between the glass (in the rear hatch) and the metalwork thats causing it.

Time will tell.... while Ive been sat here it just been p1$$ing down outside so Im going to have a nosey in the back of the car and see if its still dripping in.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an update.. much to my surprise... since running bead of sealant around the high-level brake light assy... it been bone dry inside .

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
paulyt said:
thats a job for the weekend for me too.
Just dont do what I did...... buying silicon sealant for a black car and only discovering the sealant is white at the last minute

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is known Note problem. Water leaking from rear brakelight.You can fix it yourself. At first remove the brakelight.
Here you can find photo of this process
Nissan-Note.info :: Ïðîñìîòð òåìû - Ñâîèìè ðóêàìè: ñíèìàåì çàäíèé ôîíàðü ñòîï-ñèãíàëà

And then put it back using a sealant.

Hi all, not posted on here for ages so hope you're all OK! Sorry for bumping an old thread!

I'm having the same problem with my 08 plate Note (yes, I've still got it!) i.e. water ingress in to the boot and spare wheel well.

I click on the link above and it takes me to what I presume is the Russian version of the pages :sad:- help, I need a translator please!

Rob.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
This problem has been asked about since I joined back in 2012, it was recommended you purchased a new seal, but I don't think it was a cheap item, but if you have used silicone and it's done the job, that's good, but any time you remove the unit for any reason or just through old age, it will leak in the end.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts