Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've decided we'll take my Picasso out to Crete in Sept for 4 months - we've too big a load for the Note
( and yes, we'll be taking a kitchen sink as well as some astroturf !).As we'll be out there for 4 months, it'll mean the Note being laid up in our garage for that period.
Any suggestions, precautions etc. ?
Not sure I've got room in the garage to be able to get round both sides and raise it up on Axle stands

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Attach a trickle charger like an Optimate to the battery.
4 months is plenty long enough for the battery to go completely flat and be destroyed.

You could disconnect the battery as an alternative, but I doubt it it will work when you reconnect. No reason why it shouldn't but I wouldn't risk it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hit a snag therealready:-( - no electricity in garage which is 30 foot away from the house!Looked at Solar trickle chargers, but they don't come with long enough leads (garage is a two car type, but the second half, where the windows are, is chock full of motorbikes and new kitchen furniture waiting to be installed; so access to the windows is a wee bit problematical).
I may have to just disconnect the battery and hope for the best.
Presumably ( apart from the code needed for the Connect system ) everything would be restored when we re-connect ?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
4 months is nothing, my MGB stands for 6 months in the garage, the only concession it gets is a dust sheet and a battery tender. Just needs a puff of air in the tyres and it is away again in the Spring.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Err extend the leads from the solar panel and leave the battery in situ, after all it's only a 2 wire system. As for the tyres, extra psi will suffice.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Are you supposed to leave the handbrake off and put a couple of bricks in front to stop it rolling away and to prevent the brake seizing on. Or does that only apply if the car is outside?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
leave the handbrake off, this prevents the shoes bonding to the drums due to moisture, if you can back off the disc pads that's good too. Wooden chocks with 45° angle are better than brick as they won't bite into the surface of the tyre.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts