Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plan is to have this section grow into a list of known faults and fixes.

if you have any hints and tips, feel free to post and help others out.

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rear passenger dorr was cracking/noisey when opened. Two nuts missing from the 'detent'. Put 2 spares nuts in place after removing the door trim. Easy job. Bit worrying if this is coming out of the factory like this.

·
Registered
109 Posts
after a recent visit to the garage my radio needed the code entering, i have only had the car a short while so this was new to me, i managed to enter the code using the handbook instructions but could not get it to accept the code,

i took it into the local dealers who did the task for me without charge, thanks Pentagon huddersfield

it turns out that you do not press the TA button as shown in the handbook, you press the top of theright hand channel search button.

hope this helps others

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Ther was a handbrake issue on the 06-07 cars 95% have been recalled but over time i can see this problem coming back

·
Registered
6 Posts
A lot of note owners have issues with slipping fan belts. Nissan now have a electronic belt tension gizmo. I had two belts exchanged under warranty but it is a lot better now since being adjusted by the gadget

·
Registered
27 Posts
flash22 said:
Ther was a handbrake issue on the 06-07 cars 95% have been recalled but over time i can see this problem coming back

What sort of issues are you referring to?

The brake won't engage or it won't release?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Just an idea...

If you post on this thread can you put the year of the car and how many miles it has done at the time of the issue. As some of the issues should have been resolved on later cars. I say this as I work in the manufacturing world of Automotive and now that some of issues should have been fixed.

Thanks
Rich

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Morph said:
flash22 said:

What sort of issues are you referring to?

The brake won't engage or it won't release?
there was an issue with the ratchet on the hand brake so if you was parked on a hill the handbrake may of released itsself, as far as i know this only affects uk built cars

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all,with ref.to front fog light bulb replacement it is possible to do it from under the car but you need a lift or a pit.Remove the plastic undertray,dont worry about damaging the silly plastic studs,you can replace them with short tex screws & speed nuts,available from most motor factors or farm shops,it makes it easier to remove it next time.Now remove the relevant plastic inner wing liner Rh or Lh.you can now reach the back of the lamp.The cover can be tricky so dont rush it,the bulb is H8 so will have to be rotated 1/4 turn take note which way the stub of the bulb was facing because it only goes in one way,study base of new bulb if in doubt.Be careful removing the cable plug from the bulb the clips are very weak and easy to break so it is easier to do this after you remove the bulb from the lamp;have fun.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Note tail gate wires (looking at the back with tail gate open a loom on the top Right Hand Side in a rubber cover). The wires in this loom service rear heated window, number plate lights and tail gate lock, rear wash wipe and release swithch and lock. The wires break through constant opening and closing. I lost rear wiper first, dealer had a look as under warranty and said seen that before (it had aslo been repaired by a different branch of this dealer before) but would call me back when they worked out what they were going to do. Took the car home, could no longer open tail gate!
Cut a long story short climbing in the back and getting back panel off, all these wires are White! Some thick some thin, however meter and a bit of wire, got the boot open and replaced them all with flexible purchased from Maplins. All ok for 12 months. still waiting to hear from dealer!!
I see new Micra also has the same problem (new as in 2006 ish).
2006 CD DCi diesel note.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Body Control Module (BCM). It controls air conditioning, rear fog light, the remote key and some other electrical parts. It would actually be useful to have a comprehensive list from someone in the know. I think quite a few Notes have had BCM problems which results in odd behaviour from anything it controls. In my case the fog light wouldn't turn off, resulting in a flat battery. I had to remove the BCM fuse from the engine fusebox, and then lock the car from the hidden passenger side lock until I could get the BCM replaced, which is not a cheap job - 400 ish.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've just bought a 56 Reg Note so I assume it may fall into the handbrake recall time. Anybody know whether I can find out whether this particular car has been recalled and if so, whether it has had the work done?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Any Nissan service department can tell you from the VIN number if you go in with your V52 logbook.
It doesn't show as a recall with VOSA though, it may have been a precautionary thing done at a main dealer service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can we not put Rich's comment about first identifying the car's age,finish spec etc in bold letters at the head of all posts please.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts