Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first time poster so please feel free to point me to a thread where this has already been discussed.

I've had the car since August 2019, 50k on the clock.

When sharply accelerating from stationary (or from a slow speed), there seems to be some kind of audible vibration coming from the rear of the car. It sounds as though the boot is loose, or something else is vibrating with the car as it accelerates.

1. Is this a common problem?
2. Would it be helpful if I posted audio?
3. Is there any other information I can share to diagnose the problem?

Thanks folks. Aside from this issue the car seems to be great

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have you checked your exhaust just in case it is loose and touching the underside of the car as you accelerate ? Wiggle the tail pipe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
did you fix this already ?

I think I had the same problem and changed the engine support rubbers.
the acceleration vibrating noise disappeared.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have something similair in my 2012 1.5 Note but mines more noticeable at low speeds. Mine sounds like the boot floor panels aren't sitting flush but when I either make sure they are flat or even remove them the noise is stil there. Weirdly it doesn't always happen and I've had it at a couple of garages and they can't see what's going on so I've learned to live with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have something similair in my 2012 1.5 Note but mines more noticeable at low speeds. Mine sounds like the boot floor panels aren't sitting flush but when I either make sure they are flat or even remove them the noise is stil there. Weirdly it doesn't always happen and I've had it at a couple of garages and they can't see what's going on so I've learned to live with it.
My 2015 diesel note is making the same noise it’s driving me crazy only does it at low speeds I’ve checked the heat shields all fixed correctly exhaust is on the hangers correctly no idea what the noise is it’s defo coming from the rear end dosnt sound like a wheel bearing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts