Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 Note SE with 64,000 miles on the clock.

Drove back from France yesterday (about 450 miles in total). Car seemed absolutely fine, but at very slow speeds (0-15mph), it developed a knocking noise. It sounds like it's coming from the offside rear.

Took it to local dealer today, who says it's from within the sealed steering column and would cost about £1,700 to replace!!! i.e. pretty much writing it off as a saleable asset.

He said they're not sure what would cause the knock, but the car could probably be driven without problem (apart from the annoying noise).

Any thoughts, other than turning the stereo up? Is this a known problem?

·
Registered
276 Posts
MarkN said:
It sounds like it's coming from the offside rear.

Took it to local dealer today, who says it's from within the sealed steering column

First thing is to determine is the noise coming from the offside rear, or the steering column?

I'd take it to a local independent garage who (IMHO) are less likely to try to convince you that you need to shell out such ridiculous sums of money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a similar noise which comes from the front drivers area. It's worse when going around roundabouts at low speeds. I have had shocks, top shock mounts, sub frame, tie rod ends, ball joint and all bearings replaced and it's still there. 3 Different Nissan dealerships say there is nothing wrong and cannot hear it. Really frustrating!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts