Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently brought a Nissan note 2016 from Vauxhall sales. All fairness to them they have tried to fix the problem but then sent the car to Nissan workshops.
Vauxhall gave me a newly reg corsa for three days. However the car came back within 3 hours. Nissan say it was the key battery which we had changed after consulting the manual just four days prior. Vauxhall checked the key and strength and signal was ok.... contacting Nissan.
Nissan replaced the battery with not the 2025 as in manual but 2035 as they had no batteries available. Which l seems strange as its a big workshop. When l got into it yesterday it was fine at first then it came on whilst driving. Understand l can drive car but not happy doing so. I have only had this car least than 3 weeks, and as yet it has seen more time in the Vauxhall and Nissan garage then l have driven it. Vauxhall have done everything possible to sort out this problem but Nissan do not seem to think there is a problem.
Does anyone have any advice on how to solve this problem or has anyone any special way they action the key. Car drives lovely.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
First question.
The two batteries are the same diameter and all 3 volts
There are 3 thicknesses, the 2025 is 2.5 mm thick
the 2032 is 3.2 mm thick
And the 2035 is 3.5 mm thick
I see you've only had it 3 weeks, so your within the 30 days that you can reject the car. I would reject the car. You will never be really satisfied whilst driving it away from home, no matter how far
Ask if you can purchase the Vauxhall Corsa if it's in your price bracket if you liked how it drove.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'll bet Pam prefers the Note. I drove a loan Corsa and it was horrid on the motorway.
The E12 note is a lovely motor around town and on a cruise.
Bags more space too.
I would expect this issue to be easily resolved with the correct battery. Ask the selling dealer to order one, or even check out E bay.
It'll probably be under a fiver.
Good luck Pam, and please come back and let us know how you got on.
Have a nice Sunday.

·
Registered
295 Posts
You can get a whole compliment of coin cells from the pound shop, and they have the ones we use. I have bout their packs before and got the correct battery out of them. There were 2 of each size. Try your local Poundland.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Good call Charlie.
In fairness to Silverhairs Pam is well within her rights to take the car back to the selling dealer, and say fix this or the deal is off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Pam. I assume you have the Nissan Note Tekna with the "intelligent" key. If the dashboard light comes on again try hooking your foot under the clutch pedal and pulling it up. There is a sensor on the clutch pedal which turns on the key warning light if the pedal is not at the top of its travel. This sensor, if not adjusted correctly, will also disable stop/start system - which ain't a bad thing! If this works get the garage to adjust the sensor.

·
Registered
99 Posts
We have had the E12 Tekna for a few years and every now and then the YELLOW key warning symbol comes on. It might be interference, a low battery and lots of other fancy problems according to Nissan.
When it happens, hold the fob close to the starter button and the car will start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts