Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Nissan Note. I can lock and unlock the car and put the key in the ignition but the key won't turn. Spare key also not working. Steering is locked and no amount of wiggling the wheel while turning the key helps. Any ideas please?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Manual or auto ?? If it's a auto make sure the car is in park to shift the selector you need to press the release button on the gear stick surround there is a cable that links the ignition and the gear shifter what stops you starting the car in gear/removing it the while in gear

Also do a search on here for Bowden cable

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep, I think it happens to most of us who fail to acquaint ourselves with either thehandbook or what the previous owner/salesman tells us.
The steering is locked if the gear stick in automatic transmission is not in the P position. The stick must be in the P position before you can 'unlock' the steering wheel. Good practice to return the gear stick to P whenever you park!

Obvious really but easily missed, I was going to say 'and never forgotten' but I remembered I have done this more than just the once!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts