Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all Thought id point this amazing tech out to you all out there in Note World!!
I have justcome across EasyTo use, One Spray "RainX".
I'm sure you have all heard or read the blurb when it comes to this product and wondered if all the hype was/is true and believe me t is.
Itis one of the most amazing essential bits of kit to have when you have a car.
Aply the spray so easily to all the windows of you jalopee, spray on and wipe off as simple as that. Then watch the ain/water tc just fall off.
I had my car professionally cleaned today, as I sat inside the car grooving to the music from the radio, I watched as the guys sprayed , power washed, mopped and soaped my car and at no time could i not see out of any of the windows.
I thought all the special brew they use to clean the cars would remove RainX , but not a chance.
So if you have had enough of smearing wipers or plain old mucky windows and lights, spray RainX on and watch the moisture just run off!!!!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
been using the bottle version for years after being donated a spare bottle from a rally driver, does what it says and last for some considerable time before needing re applying, about 3 months on average.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oooh, thanks for this. My rear wiper motor broke and I'm sourcing a replacement. Being in ggood old Blighty means it pretty much rains all the time. I can manage but this would be fab. Cheers

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
As you say, RainX does keep the screen clear above 30 MPHbut when you use the wiperswhen driving slow, once the wipers go across the screen, for a second or two the screen has a type ofhaze then clears, this is OK if on automatic and wipes every 15/20 seconds, but when the wipers are on constant, the screen has a constant haze.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey greenplane, I agree with you 100%, I've been using this product for over 20 years and it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. What I didn't know was that it now comes in spray form, good deal.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
It's not great in spray form as it doesn't give an even coat. GSF often have it on 'special' in 'proper' form.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I find proper form is too tricky and fiddly to use apply polish reapply, all for something that will go in time?, you may not get even as you put it however if you use blue paper towel like in garages then you get the best surface coverage possible.Also another handy tip from a motor professional use the Green mr muscle for the cleaning of all interior glass including mirrors, and again use blue paper towel to polish. This gives a perfect clear shine no smearing even on the inside of the windsrceen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts