Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for information ive put a K & N panel filter in my wifes 1.6 auto Note, worth doing if you're planning to keep the car. The filter comes with K & N stickers too so you can put in the engine bay to remind that its not for changing etc... Think it cost £42 & comes with a million mile warranty & does not need to be re oiled for tens of thousands of miles. Very easy to change, took minutes as its just slots into the original air filter housing, no tools required etc...Hoping it pays for itself in the long run on slight fuel savings & cheaper servicing costs. No noticeable power gains but never really expected any, lol.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi John you get a K & N panel filter which is basically a straight slot in replacement for the standard filter, no tools required etc... The advantages are that the filter does not need to be replaced ever! It comes with a 1000,000 mile warranty and is does not require re oiling for tens of thousands of miles.The filter gives improved filtration way above the standard filter and is said to improve the engine breathing and mpg. Also comes with K & N filter stickers for the engine bay so that whoever services your car will know not to replace.
Best thing to do if you get one is get your price for your service which includes the standard air filter replacement then ask for the price without the standard filter included to see what you save. I've done it as I read some reviews and had never tried one previously in 27 years of motoring.
Seen very slight improvement in mpg and I'm keeping the car so I'm guessing it will pay for itself. Obviously only worth buying if you keep your car long term.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
k&n's are great aslong as you keep them clean, you have to oil them just the right amount other wise thay can cause problems with the maf
if you want a intake system look at the bcm cda filter

and dont forget putting an aftermarket filter will invalidate your warrenty also tell your insurance

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi flash, i only put the K & N on my motor when the warranty was up and i checked with my insurance and there was no increase in premium as it was a panel filter with no increase in BHP etc. The filter does not need cleaning or re oiling for around 50, 000 miles and oil and cleaning kits come for about £7 with comprehensive instructions. The kits will clean and re oil the filter many times. What i like about the k & n is it is a direct replacement for the standard filter so no messing with tools etc...Well pleased to date.
I've recently bought a service kit for my motor from ebay for around £30 consisting of 5l of Nissan oil, Nissan oil filter and sump washer, pollen filter & spare air filter all genuine Nissan in genuine Nissan packaging and the price includes delivery!
Service not due till October 2012 but at this price its a bargain. Will get my oil change done for £10 labour including getting rid of my old oil and filter and stamping my service book.
Have recently done my pollen filter myself so have a spare now for next year.
I've now got my eye on a set of Denso spark plugs around £50 including delivery on ebay which are the iridium type.
My wifes car is running like a dream with FSH and the oil is still clean from the October 2011 oil change but have it done yearly whatever miles have been covered.
Just starting to price up tyres, had a look at Falkens, any thoughts anyone out there, wifes car is a 2007 57 plate 1.6 Tekna automatic currently running on Continentals (front are getting a little low so looking to replace.)
Regards Boobybingo

·
Registered
109 Posts
i recently had a front tyre replaced, cost £105 from Kwikfit, there was a 25% off offer, thats off the rubber only, the rest is full price but it still saved me £20+
cheapest alternative was going to be £85 for a no namer, so decided to stick with the conti

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers paperman, the Contis that i have on the car seem good and quiet, just looking for something as good/better for the same or less ££££.I'm aware the Contis are said to wear quickly but can say that we havnt really noticed this at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts