Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted a double DIN radio from Halfords, the JVC KW-R400, and am wondering if anyone knows if this supports the steering wheel controls. on the box is says it does, but im wondering if anyone knows the adaptors i need to connect it up. thanks in advance any help would be appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
there should be a 3.5mm socket on the back of the jvc (see you destructions)theres nothing for the note on the market so you will have to make something up
micra k12 adapter should work

what plugs have you got in the car and what year ?? if its the iso (black plug and the 3 colour) plug it should be easy

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the radio came with an adapter to fit the car, and it fitted fine (ISO to the JVC radio). and from the radio there is a blue cable with "steering wheel remote" written on it. the 3.5mm jack at the back is for the bluetooth and rear aux in.

the old radio i had in it, was the 6 cd changer. the note is a 56 plate. the steering wheel connectors are in a yellow and blue socket. 3 wires in the yellow socket, 1 black wire in the blue connector.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have looked at the back of my radio. And it has a wire labelled steering controls. The 3.5 mm socket is for rear aux or a Bluetooth adapter. Am I correct in thinking that I need something different to what you said. I have been looking around and all the adapters do indeed have a 3.5 mm socket. But why then is the blue wire there? Am so confused xDEdited by: Aidsy1

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the above adapter comes in 2 parts the main part is the electronics that converts the signal, andthe patch lead to suit you radio the jvc adapter has the 3.5mm jack and 2 bullet connectors to suit many cars and stereo models
a blue cable with rem on itis for turning on amps ect not for audio controls, the audo controls should be marked "steering remote"

what model is the jvc ??

Edited by: flash22

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts