Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I've had a Note N-Tec Auto 1.6 for about a year now. A most useful car as it suits my everyday short trips (easy to park - not so sure about petrol consumption !!) and is more than comfortable on the longer journeys - happy with the petrol then :).
No real problems with the Note - it's 3 in October - just had one rear screen wiper blade to replace ! The only moan is updating the Connect satnav SD card. Around about £150 whereas my TomTom which originally cost about £150 costs about £20 pa for updates. Never mind, I'm a "two satnav car" now.
Look forward to reading what others have to say in the forums.
Rob

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

As to Connect updates, check out the sellers on EBay. There seems to be a predilection by some to change their card every year resulting in 2011/12 cards being available for c.£30. As long as they are listed for Juke, Note or Qashqai you should be fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Nigel. I do not think I'll be updating every year. In emergencies I can always use that paper thing but why is it always in the boot when I need it:)
Rob

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Ebay is the place to purchase a new connect memory card. I payed £45.00 for a 2012/2013, mind you there were some sellers asking £120.00 for the same thing. how the garages can ask £150.00 beats me?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I shall carry on with the Nissan Satnav and then use TomTom. How they can upgrade for £20 yet others charge double, triple or 7 times as much beats me. Notwithstanding, I think the Note is a good car

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi
I would agree about the outrageously high cost of updates. However my Sat Nav on a 2009 Tekna doesn't even appear to have a SD card slot.....
Still, since there aren't many roads being built these days in the UK (just pot holes!) there isn't much needed in the form of updates.
It is cheaper to buy a new TomTom (or my preferred Garry Garmin) every 3 or 4 years!

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
If it's a Connect it has a card slot (bottom right). I'd like to see a shot of a Connect without one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello Nigel
I'll see if I can get a shot of it done and uploaded, but the car is away being serviced today (by a local independent garage). Hopefully they won't torque up the wheels as tight as the last main stealer did!

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I brought a telescopic wheel brace a few years ago. It was about £15 and has been a Godsend removing even the tightest 'air hammered' wheel nuts/bolts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Birdman and Nigel
It seems incongruous that we have to ride about with two Satnavs but as you say there are not many new roads being built - the real skill is in navigating around pot holes. I could even do with the "speed camera" warning if it could be replaced with a "road gulley drain cover missing" sign. As it is, I rely on the ubiquitous cone standing on the roadside :)

As to wheel nuts, I always get the garage to show me that they can be undone with a wheel brace before paying the bill. I was caught out once - never again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts