Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I’ve just picked up a 2014 1.2 Note Acenta and I love it. I’m keen to keep it well maintained myself as much as possible so any advice will be invaluable. It came with an owners handbook but it only recommends using Nissan branded lubricants and coolants without giving specific grades so I could do with best oil and antifreeze type to use in my model for UK. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Haynes workshop manual lists 5 W 30 oil for both petrol and diesel variants in all engine sizes.
Antifreeze is listed as Ethelyne Glycol based antifreeze, L250 or equivalent.
Manual transmission oil is SAE 75-80.
Auto transmission is listed as automatic transmission fluid to ATF Matic D or equivalent.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Hi everyone. I’ve just picked up a 2014 1.2 Note Acenta and I love it. I’m keen to keep it well maintained myself as much as possible so any advice will be invaluable. It came with an owners handbook but it only recommends using Nissan branded lubricants and coolants without giving specific grades so I could do with best oil and antifreeze type to use in my model for UK. Thanks in advance
The only item that i would point out other than sineu's reply is that if you check out your handbook it shows you that the engine oil for the 1.2 non turbo is recommended as 0/20w.
(The 1.2 dig s on the other hand is stated at 5/30w)
I use petronus 0/20w on my 1.2.
Castrol and other brands are all available now, and you only need 3.4 litres. It's a lovely engine to service with the spin on filter right near the front. I'd recommend Bocsh or Mann filters.
Good luck with your motor (I'm pleased with mine giving near 60 mpg)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haynes workshop manual lists 5 W 30 oil for both petrol and diesel variants in all engine sizes.
Antifreeze is listed as Ethelyne Glycol based antifreeze, L250 or equivalent.
Manual transmission oil is SAE 75-80.
Auto transmission is listed as automatic transmission fluid to ATF Matic D or equivalent.
Hope this helps.
Thanks very much. I think I’ll invest in Haynes manual too

·
Registered
995 Posts
Thank you. I wonder if this might also affect oil and coolant type
Yes Dave, oil for a 1.2 is 0/20w
Oil for a 1.2 dig s is 5/30w
Coolant is nissan L248 (on ebay)
See my upload spec sheet..
Oil filter Mann W67/1
Sump plug 14mm, torque 25 ibft
Air filter, blueprint ADS 72207
Drl bulbs, P19w H16

Attachments

·
Registered
995 Posts
That’s brilliant, thanks very much
Coolant on Nissans can vary.
Luckily all types are compatible.
L248 =green 4 year premixed.
L248sp =green 4 year concentrate.
L255OOP =blue 10 year premixed.
L255QTP =blue 10 year concentrate.
With coolant i like to use genuine nissan. Other brands may be compatible but i wouldn't risk it.
With engine oils, so long as the brand meets the correct viscosity and SN spec, you can make your own choice.
I've been using Petronus syntium 7000 full synthetic, but it's not always easy to source. Thankfully there are more and more 0/20w oils coming into the market just now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would see if you can find your a work shop manual on cd or Haynes manual off the web

·
Registered
995 Posts
I would find yourself a work shop manual cd or a Haynes manual from the web
There are no Haynes manuals produced for the later E12 Note in book form, although i see they offer a download for £26 now.
However you can buy a download of the official Nissan workshop manual on ebay (that's what i did) mine was £2.75 two years ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts