Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Its now been a year since I got my 11 plate note ntec. Its been almost event free for the Note.

I've got some idea now of what I like and dont.

First the dont likes...

Auto wipers...... I'd rather have normal intermittent.

The ride, our roads are shocking, but its not great, i'm thinking of changing to 15 inch wheels which might help.

The tires for 16 inch wheels, not a great deal of choice, my old car had 195 50 15's and i could get P6000's for £50 each. I wouldn't pay £100+ for the conti's given the wear rate.

I'd go for the diesel next time, 1.4 is a bit too weak for my normal commute with 4 people. Wasn't doing that when I bought the car so wasn't a consideration then.

The paint quality especially on the wheels is poor. My dealer is changing one of the wheels under warranty.

The connect is too fiddly to adjust on the move.

The likes...

The space, its such a spacious car, especially in the back. Everyone comments on the space in the back. I occasionally get a lift in a very expensive german car and the space in the back is pathetic.

The connect, people are impressed by everything it does, I love the fact that I have thousands of songs on a memory stick and on my phone and can play whatever i want. The satnav has never let me down and all in its a great package.

The practicality, its just a big box and exactly what I want in a car.

The comfort, I have never got tired driving it, even after long journeys.

I like the handling, its quite good fun to hustle down a nice road.

This doesnt apply to my car but they look great in white.... mines black and looks like Darth Vader...lol.

In the year i've had it, its done what a great car should. Been fun when I want and unobtrusive when I just want to get home after a long day at work.

It never missed a beat, the only cost have been 2 puncture repairs, the xs on the rear screen, which some lowlife smashed, and a service which was £274 at Nissan Leicester.

I have no reason to think the next year will be anything but uneventful. If you've just bought a Note or are thinking of doing so, I hope this post helps.

Have fun

ollymu

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Nice one Olly.

I've had the Diesel from new, and mine has never been a prob. Except when I topped with petrol.

‚¬100, and a tank fuel gone.

Apart from my stupidity.....it's a super motor, even with 5 adults inside. Mind you......the rear suspension wasn't designed for 3, 14 stone passengers in the back.......but ok on the smooth stuff.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
re. 16" tyres there are plenty about now from budget forcum hexa's, mid priced yoko c-drives and the pricey offerings from continental and Pirelli

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all, I've had 2 Notes, an Accenta and now I have an Ntec. Both have been trouble free cars. One occasion in the snow I actually drove past a BMW stuck wheel spinning. Oh well, should have wound down window and told him to get a Note. I will probably get an Ntec+ next if dealership can do a good deal as the new Note comes out soon??. Here's to happy trouble free motoring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts