Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought that car recently to replace my E11 Note and apparently there should be an USB plug in the passenger's box that I couldn't find it. The radio shows AUX as one of the sources but I really couldn't see it, just the switch for the passenger's airbag. I find the glove box a weird place for an USB port, as it's usually crammed with things. One of the things I liked from the E11 was the USB in the little compartment in the front, easy to plug and play my own music.

·
Registered
917 Posts
You will find the usb socket deep inside the glove box and i agree it's not a good position for it.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
You will find the usb socket deep inside the glove box and i agree it's not a good position for it.
Can you not plug in an extension cable and locate it in a more convenient spot ?
Plenty for sale on the web.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I went back to the car to check it for 3rd or 4th time, I looked and touched all the sides of the glovebox 3 or 4 times and, I'm quite sure, there isn't any USB plug! The back of the box is flat, all plastic with only a rectangular opening at the top but much larger than a USB port.
So maybe this model doesn't have USB? So the AUX input won't work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you not plug in an extension cable and locate it in a more convenient spot ?
Plenty for sale on the web.
Yeah, let me first find the plug, lol. I'm not fond of loose cables, that's one thing I like of the Note, the integrated sat-nav, bluetooth and USB. Ironically (or maybe because of that) in my 9 to 5 as an electronic engineer I'm surrounded by cables.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha, found it! I was looking at the bottom glove box. There is another top glove box. More practical as the "bottom" of it is not that much far away. May not need any extension. This post was the clue:

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I went back to the car to check it for 3rd or 4th time, I looked and touched all the sides of the glovebox 3 or 4 times and, I'm quite sure, there isn't any USB plug! The back of the box is flat, all plastic with only a rectangular opening at the top but much larger than a USB port.
So maybe this model doesn't have USB? So the AUX input won't work?
Have you got the double decker style glove box? Under the top half is where my aux and usb slot is

1 - 8 of 8 Posts