Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I would like to swap my big old diesel car to a petrol Note.
I found a 2016 Nissan Note 1.2 ACENTA PREMIUM DIG-S for £7k. It looks nice on the photos but my fear is that it has already 51k miles and based my old memories the small petrol engines are not really like the high mileage.
Do you think that this is a problem for a 3.5 years old car?

Is the 1.2 DIG-S engine is strong enough for a 3 member family?

Thank you for your answers!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hmmm, I think £7000 is a bit expensive for the mileage. Personally I'd go for a high spec 1.6 petrol manual, they have the power and economy (40+mpg).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, I think £7000 is a bit expensive for the mileage. Personally I'd go for a high spec 1.6 petrol manual, they have the power and economy (40+mpg).
Thank you very much for your answer! I really appreciate!

I'm not sure what the hell is the DIG-S engine but the husband of my mother in law has a Note (1.5 diesel) and he said to me that the best Nissan engine is the 1.2 DIG-S (fuel consumption and power) and he is mad of himself because he bought a diesel...
My wife needs to drive the car and she is not a ... hmmm... experienced driver :) so that is the reason why I should buy a car with automatic transmission.

My current car is a 2.0 142bhp diesel - runs well, but it's really old and no months without new problems.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Is the 1.2 DIG-S engine is strong enough for a 3 member family?
We had a 1.2 DIG-S Acenta Premium and it was a good car. Averaged about 49 mpg for the 3 years we had it but with a full load in hilly areas you needed to keep the revs up to get good progress, not at all like a diesel.

Personally I'd go for a high spec 1.6 petrol manual, they have the power and economy (40+mpg).
You cannot get a Note of this age with a 1.6 petrol so no point looking. The DIG-S engine replaced the 1.6 form the previous model, same power but much better economy.

I'm not sure what the hell is the DIG-S engine but the husband of my mother in law has a Note (1.5 diesel) and he said to me that the best Nissan engine is the 1.2 DIG-S (fuel consumption and power) and he is mad of himself because he bought a diesel..
The DIG-S engine is supercharged, that is what the S refers to.

We now have a turbocharged petrol engine in a Skoda. At 1 litre its smaller but it is slightly more powerful at 110 PS. MPG is about the same. But being turbocharged it has much more low down power, it actually drives in a similar manner to a diesel. We prefer it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts